Free Agency Update: Titans May Be Top Choice for Harper

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by killacalititans, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killacalititans

killacalititans Camp Fodder

good news on harper

Titans may be Harper’s top choice
    By Terry McCormick, [email protected]
    March 09, 2007

Indianapolis Colts free agent cornerback Nick Harper apparently has no more visits scheduled with other teams after meeting Thursday with the Tennessee Titans, according to a source.

That could mean that the Titans are potentially No. 1 on his list of destinations, especially given Tennessee’s unsettled situation at cornerback.

The Titans have been in the market for a veteran cornerback, and the uncertainty of whether Adam “Pacman” Jones will be available due to on-going legal issues is a potential concern as well and could make the position even more of a need area.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=7&screen=news&news_id=55060

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Good to see, he'd be a good signing

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Definitly.. Arnt you mad tho Gunny. Ur boy wont be starting anymore

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Hmm...my post disappeared.
    Anyway, that would be nice.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

we'll see.

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

If we could sign Harper, Fowler and Curtis or Stockley... I would be extremely happy with this off-season.

7. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

All they have to do is bring in somebody reasonable and harper is; to fill that off spot and provide depth for the starting spot. (I don't see him as a chris hope, but I think he's an upgrade at that position--and that's all we were asking for.) I'd be perfectly content with a few moves like this (if it happens)--not paying out the nose and yet not picking from the scraps either.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I guess Harper would be cool. I still remember a game against the Colts one yr, and Steve Mac threw a deep ball to D.Mase with Harper covering him, and it was over his shoulder, D.Mase looked backed, jumped up and caught it for a sure touchdown and as he was coming down Harper reached in and snatched it outta his hands for the INT. Needless to say we ended up losing that game. That pissed me off to no end. Anyone else remember that game??

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

who is Fowler, I never heard of him before.

I don't want Curtis nor Stokely though.

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

you mean Fowler the center?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar