Free Agency Update: Stallworth in Town

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

wow completly off topic rite here but im playing madden against the broncos and who just busts a 89 yard run on me? Henry. hahhhah wow
  2. Nine

Nine Starter

Absolutely not true.

Look at Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Roy Williams.

Each of these guys is an elite talent at WR. They all put up eye-popping numbers year after year....and yet none of them has ever played in a playoff game. In fact, none of them has ever played for a .500 team.

These guys are great WR's, but they make very little difference in the W/L column.

Now try to name four stud RB's who put up huge numbers year after year, yet never make the playoffs.

The fact is, a dominant RB will turn a team around. A dominant WR won't.
  3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

A RB behind a poor O line will do nothing,Houston,SanFran,Cleveland,Green Bay ,Miami,Buffalo06,Arizona & us before 06.

Teams that are struggling to find a productive O line will either give up on the run mid way through a game or run anywhere but between the tackles to try & protect their QB.

Edgerrin James_Cardinals perrenial pro bowler to sucksville in one easy move.

Get a decent O line & you can slot in an average back & still get production. Even a dominant RB will suck with no O line.
  4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

OK sooooooooooooooo... Ive asked once ill ask again. What happened with Stallworth? When will we know if we offerd him something?
  5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

Can't you read?:grrhee:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070308/SPORTS01/703080395/1027
  6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Oh im sorry. LOL.. I never check the Tennessean. Im not to fimiliar with that site. Since I live in PA lol
  7. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Sure you can - he can choose Cracker Barrell -OR- Waffle House!! :clown: :ha:
  8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

I was responding to the guy comparing Donte and Henry's contracts, speaking money-wise. RBs are a dime a dozen these days... Proven WRs... not so much.

I agree that RBs are more crucial due to more touches, but WRs can change the game dramatically as well.

The last 3 SB champs (and runner-ups for that matter, minus the offense-less Bears) have had impact WRs, with 2 of them winning SB MVP.
  9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Corey Dillon as a Bengal is one
    And as Childress said, a bad o-line can make very good RBs look very bad.
  10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Don't hate on Waffle House man. I've spent many a friday night eating smothered, covered, and whatever the hell elsed hashbrowns well into the wee hours of the morning
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.