Free Agency Update: Stallworth in Town

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

Crap. Fell for the old "fake link" trick.

Again.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Ryan's got a good sense of the $, it's being reported Stallworth was offered a 6yr 32m contract by the Pats but didn't sign because he wanted to visit Titans and 1 other team. Interesting the Pats made that offer to Stallworth when you think about the WR's they let go the last few years that they could have kept for much less money. The Pats are good evaluators of talent maybe he's better than we think, its hard to tell the way money is being thrown around.

3. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

They also got a 1st round draft pick for Branch...The pats have had two first round picks in recent years at least TWICE.

They do a good job of winning AND keeping sane about pricing players. This new spending spree is interesting and uncharacteristic.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

How is it a spending spree? They gave Thomas good money for a player that fits their system PERFECTLY. I have no problem with people spending money on players that are talented and are virtually made for thier team.

5. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

K-Z, my point was that the Pats usually DON'T go this route. They signed Dillon, but not for "market value" a couple years ago...other than that it's been vet pick-ups (like Junior Seau) and drafting well.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yeah but they have some guys getting old, and havent been quite as good the last few years either. I think they realize if they wanna be able to compete with the colts and chargers next year they needed to bring in some more talent.

7. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Did we host anybody on Tuesday?

8. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

an A. A. meeting.........

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

gettin pretty pissed off...wednesday is almost over and i havent heard anything bout us signing him.....i remember last season u'd for ever FA of the 3 that visted us (mawae didnt visit we singed him at taht NFL Player thing) we had signed the day they made the visit.....right now i'm starting to think i want reese back....if we let donte leave TN then i dont think we will get him...some team will pick him up quick.

so i better hera some signing news in the comin couple hours...or ill start to think we wont get him.

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

They have been secretive about who they bring in; they may not be in a rush to announce it either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar