Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by AH3, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

He actually played much better as the season went on. I doubt you'll find anyone who will confuse him with an all pro CB, but he's a solid corner. Depending in the money I'd definitely give him a shot.

2. Carp

Carp Starter

We don't have the personnel to move to a 3-4. I don't much care for the 3-4 anyways.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well ignoring about who we might lose because I don't know here's who I like at free agent (realistically since we wont be getting Vincent Jackson of Julius Peppers).

Ray Edwards (DE) from Minnesota. He's either the type of player that a team will overpay for or will fall a little through the cracks, hopefully the latter. He's not a big star but he is very solid. He's shown when paired with a great DE like Jared Allen he can be very good so hopefully we can draft a DE in the first round and finally get a good pass rush again.

Thomas Howard (LB) from Oakland. He is inconsistent in coverage but he is a good blitzer and while inconsistent he does make big plays. I wouldn't mid a guy like him because more big plays from the defense is what we need and since our defense has more talent on it than Oaklands I think we could more easily hide his deficiencies than Oakland could.

Leigh Bodden (CB) from New England. I wanted him before the season started and he sat on the market for a long time until New England grabbed him. It's a shame because we didn't have corner depth or quality starters yet we did nothing about it and Bodden would have been a good solution but we passed for whatever reason. I hope we don't make the same mistake twice.

4. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

^^ i like Thomas Howard and i would rather sign Dunta Robinson, Trae Williams, and Carlos Rogers before Leigh Bodden but I wouldn't mind having Bodden

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i thought dunta robinson was a bust, is he good?

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I hope we resign Scaife, Bulluck, Tulloch, and White. and I can only dream of having Peppers, if Dansby somehow gets free, Id love to see him, more realistic, I love how Derrick Johnson plays, 100 percent all of the time, sure tackler, very solid overall. I know we have two safties, but Nick Collins is such a good player, and I bet we could get him at a fair price, Id love to see us do something with him

7. Carp

Carp Starter

He was pretty great in previous years, but sucked it up to start this season for some reason (possibly b/c he held out for all of training camp looking for a new deal. He turned it on mid way through this season though and was good again.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's been good in his career.

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Yes, and his recent injury and less-than his best play may make him easier to grab in free agency (hopefully). Him and Finnegan on the corners would be sweet.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And frankly he is a major upgrade over Harper and Hood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar