Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by AH3, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH3

AH3 Rookie

2. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Ummmm..I think there are a couple of areas (ok who am I fooling several lol) that need to be addressed in some way whether it be via FA or the draft. However I honestly dont think we are far off from being where we need to be it we can sure up some areas

This is just my little wish list (obviously money is going to be a factor) of who I would like the Titans to pursue this off season...

QB-I do think we need a backup QB to VY..and personally I would prefer a vet then a young guy. I think a guy like Jason Campbell would be solid. Not sure what they are going to do with KC..but the guy who wanted the "guaranteed" starter spot coming into this season..dont know how he would feel being on the sidelines again

RB-Mike Bell/Chester Taylor. I think its clear that JF either doesnt know what to do with Lendale..or theres something going on behind the scenes we dont know about. But one thing is for sure (imo) they dont see a need for him here in Tennessee. So he's probably gone. However...I dont like CJ carrying the ball 35 times a game and taking the load by himself. We need 2 backs. With CJ being the speedster..I would go with the short yardage back

WR-I think we're solid here with Kenny Britt..Justin Gage..and Nate Washington (lets hope he works on those hands this off season). Hawk seems to be coming into his own as well. But man it would be nice to have Brandon Marshall !! Lol !

OL-solid..not a pressing need

DE-Julius Peppers ! We desperately need someone on the line who can get to the qb..especially since the Titans dont like to blitz often..usually it seems to be rush 4 and drop everyone else back. When we dont get to the qb we get burned everytime. Unfortunately he has expressed desire to play in a 3-4 which I dont see the titans moving to

DT-Tony Brown. I think he's done a solid job and has earned a new contract. Plus he could come cheaper then say a Vince Wilfork who is also on the market. But ya never know..

LB-?-I dont see KB returning next season. The organization may want to part ways because of his age..and KB may wanna part ways to be on a sure fire contender considering his on the back end of his career. However with that said..I dont see many options here for OLB. Maybe a trade or draft here..

CB-I would have to do more research in this area..but its obviously a an area we need help with

*An area thats not included..ST ! Not only do we need a new coach here..but some personnel changes on the field wouldnt hurt either

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

For real for real; I could see us pursuing Kellen Clemens as the backup for life roll behind Vince. We are in the market for a 'Jim Sorgi' type, and he fits the bill. I saw some good things from Kellen Clemens this season leading up to Sanchez taking over. I mean we certainly don't NEED him, but he may come in if Collins leaves.

Some might think I should be thinking Tarvaris Jackson as Vince's lifetime backup, but he's too good to settle for that.

Collins is too much dough for a sitting duck waiting to retire. I guess his 2009 salary became his retirement package since his 401K tanked.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Tramon Williams or Ellis Hobbs would be nice.

Hobbs has been injury prone but is only 27 but has Super Bowl and Returner XP!

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

brandon marshall please jeezus... or lance moore

if brandon marshall doesnt get franchised, we better throw the bank at him. he would be so good for VY. (he pretty much made cutler and orton)

6. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I'd like to get a good CB in free agency that has proven he can play. Ideally I'd take either Dunta Robinson, Carlos Rogers, or Tramon Williams (in that order). We're fine with depth, just need a solid starter opposite Finnegan.

If we get a CB in free agency, we could go after a DE in the draft. Peppers would be nice, but I'd rather keep Brown at DT (it helps that a lot of other good DTs are set to be free agents) and get some young talent around him. I like Ford and Jones a lot already. A stud in the draft would only help.

Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin would be awesome (I really like both players), but there's like a 0.5% chance that it happens. TO would be an interesting prospect for a 1 year deal. Just to give us a true deep threat and bring some veteran experience at WR. But overall, WR isn't a place of need for us so I don't see us grabbing any of them.

If we lose Bulluck at LB, we could either grab one in the draft or go after someone. I like Derrick Johnson (Chiefs) a lot and think he would fit well as an OLB in our scheme.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we need to target defense and SP only. the offense is set.

8. Mike.Inghram

Mike.Inghram Camp Fodder

Derrick Mason is available. 1 year deal?

DT- really like picketts from gb and resigning tony.

LB- franchise Keith resign tullock and bring in matt roth to compete.

DB- Marlin Jackson (asking price may be too high)

of any of these moves (signing, not resigning) i think suring up the d line by bringing in picketts and tony back would make us look much better.

obviously resigning tully if #1.

consolation would be marlin jackson.

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

It's funny, if you look at DB's on that link, it shows Rod Hood as a member of the Cleveland Browns.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Throw everything at Dunta Robinson if we can.

No one else matters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar