Free Agency 2017

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

It's possible. I'd think 4 hours after the beginning of legal tampering period, it'd be ok to disclose the information

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Why? We want to upgrade and it is a loaded TE class!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Please don't trade for Trumaine Johnson. It's the ultimate waste of capital. Would have to give up a high pick (supposedly) and sign him to a big deal. If he's already tagged at like $16+mil, gonna have to pay him at least $14mil/yr long term if not $15mil/yr and he's coming off a less than stellar year. Pass!

Funny the Rams tagged a CB who had one good year and think they can trade him for something good when you'll also have to pay him big this year and in the future. Cooks, on the other hand, had a great year, has 1 more year at a pittance, another year at a decent nukber before needing to sign him to big money...and we're scoffing at that! lol Rams are praying someone's stupid enough to give up a first rounder for him! Better not be us! Only way I see us interested is if we don't land a big cb in FA and have the money and mid-late round pick to burn. Even then, it's very risky!

Gresham has been signed by the Cards...or have reached a verbal agreement.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

no worries, isnt Greg Williams with the browns now, theyll take a stab at that

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Sorry Gut, that was loaded with sarcasm referring to the quoted post lol.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Probably trying to pitch him on the idea he can eat in little italy every night and skip conditioning because all he's going to do is block.

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. UnknownHinson

UnknownHinson Starter

They don't even have the luxury to overpay. I dont really understand why the eagles are being constantly brought up for free agents this offseason, or even the brandin cooks trade really. Philly has 8m in cap space right now. 8 million. And Starting March 9th, teams are not allowed to be over the cap at any point in time. So if they want to go after bouye, alshon, etc, then theyre gonna have to start clearing up some space pretty quickly. I haven't looked through all of their big contracts yet, but I'm having trouble finding ways they could make cap space... And It's not gonna be any better next year for a potential Brandin Cooks deal because they currently have the least cap room for 2018 as well.

The only means that the eagles currently have of gaining cap space this year is to cut either Jason Peters (10m Savings), Brandon Graham (5.5m), Connor Barwin (7.75m), or Sproles (4m). Anyone else on their roster who has a contract over 3m is going to cost them in dead money this year rather than save money. And I have a hard time believing they take Jason Peters away from Wentz or let Barwin go... Am I missing something?

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar