Freak Ready for Payback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: For Jevon Kearse, Saturday's AFC Divisional Playoff game against the Ravens brings back memories of his second season in Tennessee. He was part of the top-seeded Titans of 2000 who lost to the Ravens 24-10 despite dominating the game statistically. "You could look at it as payback," Kearse said. "I am not going to lie. In the back of my mind I am looking at it as payback. Because so many good things we had going that year and we did have the better defense that year. Now it is a chance to show who has the better defense." Only Keith Bulluck and Craig Hentrich remain on the Titans from that season. "There’s a lot of talk about their defense and we pride ourselves in being the best defense, so obviously the best defense is going to win Saturday," said Kearse.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we have to win this game. it's just way the jevon's teams go.

his first year at UF the gators won a national title. his rookie year in tennessee the titans made it to the super bowl. his first year in philadelphia the eagles made it to the super bowl.

he's our good luck charm.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The whole payback angle really only works for a couple seasons. Many of our key contributors now were in high school in 2000. You can't really make people care about something in which they had no involvement, IMO. If we win, I'm sure it'll come up, but besides Fisher, Kearse, and Bulluck, there's probably no extra motivation there. Winning to be in the AFC Championship is enough, I would guess.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If needing/wanting this as payback is going to motivate the Freak to play lights out, then he can go get all the payback he wants, for all I'm concerned.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Fair enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar