Frank Wycheck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurrayTitans!, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Those long term PSL holders still have hopes of the Titans coming back to be a winning team again. They don't want to turn loose of their PSL's in case that happens, so they sell tickets to defer costs. That simple. When we start winning again they come back.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes that's what happens when loyal fans no longer value the gameday experience at the price of the ticket. Honestly, I enjoy traveling to see the Titans play. Restaurants, bars and traveling with couples or a guys only trip are really enjoyable weekends. Great spots include Dallas, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, Denver to name a few. I think Nashville has a good reputation for a fun travel city as well. I'm just tired of our stadium experience and the long drought of solid consistent quality.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I've held PSLs for over 15 years. I recognized a long time there is not (and won't be) any value especially if games aren't a sellout. What I like is I have traded my way at no cost to 50yd line seats. I can use those prime seats as marketing costs/ give away promotional to business contacts. Even when the team sucks, folks like to see a game like that, especially of the opponent has some buzz.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Yeah, a friend of mine owns a business and bought some prime (4) Preds seats before their first game. When he is not entertaining, he divides them up into 1/4 games, and decides which are the most valuable - like playing Monopoly. Defers costs, and several friends get to see a few games each year.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think college will get hit eventually too. I think the biggest reason they haven't been hit yet is the actual case. NFL settled not because CTE was happening, but because they supposedly did know and chose not to disclose that info.

To me, that's kind of a BS law suit to begin with. I think the NFL should take ownership and tell their money makers what they know, but if the players were just running around totally naïve to any potential long term injuries, then they deserve nothing.
    I don't see why the NFL couldn't have some sort of health care or even a pension of sorts for players that make it to different milestones(as far as years played). The NFL does do a great job though with the rookie symposium on money. They should make it mandatory again at maybe 5 and even 10 year marks.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Take the helmets and shoulder pads off and head injuries decrease.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

Agree. I think some other injuries might increase but not nearly the damage that players are currently taking.
    I think teams still discourage good players to sit out too. I know FF takes a hit there, but who cares, the game play on the field comes first.

#37 HurrayTitans!, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

F_ck no dont remove the pads

thats what makes football so great now, you guys ever try watching football before hard shell helmets came around...

9. HurrayTitans!

Not saying that taking the pads and helmets away is good for the viewers, it's better for the players....probably.
    I'm all for bringing back the hits of the 80's and 90's. Just take players out with the concussion protocol and every team is going to have to deal with stars being on the sidelines for potentially games at a time. I'm ok with that.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

Rugby has plenty of collisions to keep it interesting with minimal pads.

Both sports see massive injuries and there is no way to make either safe, just safer.

There is no denying that wearing armor in football gives players a feeling of invulnerability that leads to massive hits.

The lack there of means the aggressor is going to consider their own well being when trying to take an opponent down.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar