Frank Wycheck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurrayTitans!, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

blame the Titan front office...

they created this monster and they have no way to kill it...

will not change as long as the Titans are in this stadium

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

NFL should at the very least self insure for life insurance for vested players. (5 or more years). We're talking about hundreds of billions in profits.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think the only cure would be a few playoff wins. That would restore the pride in this once proud franchise. A few wins in the regular season, and another promise of the "QB of the future" isn't quite enough yet.

4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

While I agree that's a good start, they'd have to also build a new stadium and sell new PSLs to Titans fans only to prevent opposing fans from taking up a third of the seats.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Riverman

yeah but that isn't going to happen when they can't fill the existing stadium. I ranted years ago (and got blasted by many) that the owner's let the franchise die on the vine.

The hiring from within, the lack of GM accountability, the continued high prices for sub-par gameday experience and a real lack of appreciation of the PSL holders by ownership drove a lot of hearty fans away. Many of them relocated their fandom into the Preds.

I consider myself a once FERVENT fanatic of the Titans. I held as many as eight PSL's at one time 50yd club level. I sold my Packers tix because I needed to recoup some money. I didn't care enough to sit with so many fervent Packers fans around me, win or lose in a game that would only get us to .500 at best.

Ownership has policies in place STILL that don't reward long time loyal fans. I have typed letters, surveys, and conversations until I'm blue in the face and fingers that they need to have a "loyalty rewards program" whereby they give long time supporters point credit for their CUMULATIVE ticket purchases (and maybe merch) and have a catalogue of rewards that range in "point price" and quality from field passes to coats to autographed memorabilia. But instead, ownership likes only to reward NEW PSL holders with high quality items. They are so focused on selling boxes and attracting new PSL holders (which will never work without winning playoff games) that old long time supporters feel "forgotten" :)p).

I think ownership could easily re-kindle fervor if they tangibly recognized their long time suffering loyal supporters and enlisted their support to get people back to the game. But they don't and are rather short sighted yet again in how to construct a quality product that has support.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Reminds me of the cable and TV customers. They will do anything to get new guys signed, but someone that has been with them for 5 years has to literally leave their service to get any consideration for newer equipment. Happened to me with Direct TV. As I stated earlier, my good friend looks at the new schedule each year and circles the games he believes he can get the best money from his tickets to offset costs. Steelers, Green Bay, etc. type games.

#26 GrayGhost1951, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. XO

XO Nevada Native

I like how you can smell the alcohol on his breath through your speakers.

• LOL LOL x 2
  8. XO

XO Nevada Native

Exactly

I'm expecting college to get hit next. The only reason the NFL is the target is because they have the money to pay out. College Football is the sacred cow in this country but at the same time is one of the most corrupt institutions we have.

Did Frank try to get a dime out of the Universe of Maryland? Can we absolutely say he suffered no damage there? I see bigger hits on Saturdays than on Sundays.

At least in the NFL everyone is on the same level more or less.

What happens when you run a tiny school out to be the sacrificial lamb against Alabama or Ohio State so the board at the small school can get a payday and the big school gets a practice game?

If we are going to attack a system go after the NCAA.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The entire purpose of the PSL. They have you hooked. Now onto bigger fish.

10. Riverman

Yes but there's a breakout point of diminishing return for long term holders. It simply becomes an idea of throwing good money after bad. And you're only hooked if you think you'll ever re-coup the cost of PSL and I don't think many people who have them think that way. At least not the ones who've been around for a long time.

The organization was reprimanded for shady ticket sales and even sold to scalpers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar