Franchising Jared Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The demise of the Titans if we drafted Jordan Reed in the 2nd round.

2. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

It's a stretch, but what should we do if we lose Jared. I'm up for suggestions that don't required too much money off the cap.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Probably draft your boy Reed in the 5th if that happened.

4. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I saw that he was a second round projection, I just want a plan B in place. However, I only wanted that scenario if we landed those key FAs and Warmack.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The would be dissapointed if they expected to see a TE like Gonzalez but they would be very happy when defense' focus on the outside guys and Cook is burning LBs down the middle. And this baloney about Cooks bad hands is way over blown. He doesn't drop many if they are good throws and has hown he can stretch out occasionally as well. What amazes me is fans can't figure out the guy ha talent. In the right system he can be pretty productive and at a minimum force the defene to keep track of him.

Here is Kaharsky's blog and IMO it is spot on.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/tag/_/name/jared-cook
    Now scroll down a little to Polian's take.
    ALso note that Grover Quin is a guy I think the Texans need to keep and IMO that i the guy we should try to sign to play SS.

Here are ome stats on dropped pases. Anyone see Cooks name on that list?
    http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=AFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=
    So we know Cook had less than all year based on that (les than 5). Jimmy Grham by the way in the league leader.

I dug a little furthere and found this:
    http://www.nflen.com/2013/01/in-depth-look-dropped-passes-around-nfl.html

Now one reason Cook's stats are not as eye popping as they could be (and a reason Cook was a little pissed) is because in the attempt to find an answer for the putrid running game, most of which that was brought on by poor OL play, the Titans opted to not put Cook on the field. Now sure Cook isn't your best option as a blocker but outside of a gigantic bell ringing "THE TITANS ARE GOING TO RUN THE BALL" when Cook is off the field how can a guy only get consistent production when he is only on the field 50% of the time. Now he was injured for 3 games but his total snap count wa 485 snaps. Compare that to Bennett who had 945 snaps or Gonzalez who had 978. The point is really simple. As good as Gonzalez is he had 93 receptions for 930 yards which amounts to about 1 catch per 10 snaps with a 10.0 YPC average. Cook had 44 catches for 523 yards and a 1 YPC average. Cook's production in't much different for the number of snaps (keep in mind the Falcons have a ore mature QB).

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

kid is good, better than cook...i want us to take him anyways...

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If we address enough issues in FA then I wouldn't mind seeing us go after a guy like Zach Ertz in the second or Levine Toilolo in the 3rd. Stanford produces some really good tight ends.

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

reed is projected in the 2-3 round range...no way he'll last till the 5th the way hernandez has played and the ability he has at TE

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Nobody will hear about Jordan Reed in the NFL. Mark my word, Griff33daddy.

He may get heard if the Patriots or Broncos draft him though.

10. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i will lol...you very well could be right but i could see him going to he seahawks or packers too...the kid has potential but i guess like any pick in the draft...it depends on the team that picks you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar