Franchise-tag Predictions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I bet we do throw a bid, probably won't be the highest tho... we're not dumb enough to toss around the account #...

2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

why would hightowers agent negotiate if hes tagged? take that 14 mill to the bank

3. Ant Howard

Ant Howard Starter

I'm a big proponent of Poe...I know he went to Memphis but I don't know if he is a local Tennessee kid, but putting him next to Casey and our pass defense immediately gets better not to mention if we can get a Gilmore, Bouye, Kirkpatrick or another corner...then put another corner in the draft and we tighten our pass defense considerably...of course if Berry is available, all the better for us to take a shot at him....but I love what Poe can do for us

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well if he is tagged and we want him it's gonna cost us a 1st I think

5. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

Unfortunately if he hits the open market he will get probably at least $12mil/year if not more by a team like Jacksonville or Oakland looking to make another splash. KC can release some players and get the money to pay Berry, but the question is will they? They still are working on a contract to maintain Poe and the tag for Poe would be a ridiculous amt so that is definitely out of the question. The fact of the matter is when Berry was out in 2014 the Chiefs still remained a top defensive team. They may be willing to move on from him if they are willing to accept the PR backlash from fans. Financially for the team though it may be in their best interest to do so.

#35 titanbaknedkly, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Because instead of getting $14m guaranteed for 1 year, he could get at least $30m+ guaranteed with more to be earned over the life of the rest of the contract.

The long term contract always makes more sense for the player over the tag because if they got seriously injured this year, they'd have that tag money, and that's it. If they have that 4+ year contract with a lot more guaranteed money on it, then they definitely will make that, plus whatever else they can earn through the rest of the life of the contract.

7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Well Tyrann Mathieu got 5 years, $62.5M (~$12.5m/yr) last year. Berry should command somewhere in that ball park considering he's probably a superior player, and on will be on the open market.

8. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Just use the Pats as an example...They ALWAYS have depth and seem to draft guys that fit their system.......You have good ownership and drafting, and you win football games consistently.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar