Franchise record for sacks in a season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Still no definitive answer on the season record. Some nice stats though (thanks for posting them). Childress you missed highlighting old William Fuller with 100.5. Fuller, Jones, Childress, Lee Williams and Doug Smith.... what an awesome D line.

Starkiller... since you've been with us for 6 years I will offer you a six week severance package (your severance cheque will be roughly 6 times the amount you normally receive from me on a weekly basis).

And hey, ouch on the whole thick ear thing.

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

3. I insist on double that!

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The league record is held by Michael Strahan with 22.5 sacks in 2001. THAT's A LOT OF SACKS!!!

If you remember, there was some controversy over it because his final sack to break the record was against Favre, who apparently called a running play but dropped back like he was gonna throw it and then 'let' Strahan sack him. Favre's teammates were not too happy and some went as far as to suggest it wasn't a sack since it was supposed to be a running play...which would just make it a tackle for loss...

But the NFL likes its celebrations!

Gut

5. 1. Elvin Bethea, 1973, 17 sacks
    2. Jesse Baker, 1979, 15.5
    3. William Fuller, 1991, 15

http://www.titansonline.com/press_box/images/MG_293-324_Records.pdf

Oh... and I want a raise! :greedy:

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

You sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar (I don't care what everone else says).

:))

Consider your weekly goTitans salary quadrupled.

Baker was a wierd case... 15.5 sacks his rookie season and then finishes his 8 year career with only 34.5. Frickin tease.

7. So basically he was like Carlos Hall, except instead of one great first game and then nothing he had 1 great season and then nothing...

I figured TitansOnline had to have the franchise records somewhere. Just had to unearth them.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I was at that Eagles game when he sacked Mcnabb 3 times...he didn't do anything the rest of the season

9. Hell, he didn't do anything else the rest of his career...

He had 3 sacks in his first game in the NFL. In the other 58 games combined, he had all of 11.5 sacks. I remember we were all so high on him after that game (and why wouldn't we be?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar