Fox Sports: Titans Have NFL's Worst Offseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MissouriTitan1, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

OnSeason. That's where we show'em who's for real.

2. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

Losing Pacman in itself puts us in the running for worst off-season. Add in the losses of T.Henry, D.Bennett, and B.Wade, and the lack of big name FA signings given the money we had to spend, it is very easy to see why people are saying we had the worst off season.

We can argue that we need to see how our FA's and rookies perform first, but every team has FA's and rookies coming in, so every team can say that same thing. Bottom line is we did not get better with all the player losses, in particular Pacman and T.Henry. I don't think any Titans fan is thrilled with how this off-season has gone.

All that being said, this guy is still underestimating our team if he thinks 6 wins is a ceiling for us. This team will go at least 8-8. Mark it down.

Clutch QB who makes plays when game is on the line, solid special teams, solid O-line, improved defense (can't get worse, right?) especially d-line if our guys stay healthy, young hungry RB's (put down the cheeseburger, Lendale, I meant hungry to win!).

Vince has never had a losing season, and I don't expect him to this year either.

3. PeterParker

PeterParker Camp Fodder

Let's remember Vince Young is on the cover of Madden 08. That will play a role in our season. I don't believe in ghosts or curses, but this thing hasn't missed in about eight years. The Vince Young Madden cover makes this our wosrt season. I'm glad we signed Tim Rattay. We will need him.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

5. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

There is no Madden curse. It's missed plenty in the last 8 years. Eddie George for example. He played fine that year, except for one memorable play.

Not that it matters...Vince is immune to curses. Curses that contain Vince Young's name destroy the people who utter them. The real version of Vince can do things the video game version can't. Madden doesn't have a speed rating high enough to account for Young.

6. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

:werd:

7. or an elusiveness rating high enough either... but i really doubt that vince gets injured and btw the titans are the only team to have two players on the cover of madden

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Upon further review, Eddie had his best season when he was on the cover, which was the last time a Titan graced the cover. Titans are immune to Madden curses.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It's not easy to think long term, since we haven't been anywhere in a while, but I am really optimisitic we are building a team that will endure for a while. We have some good veterans, and some promising guys got playing time under their belt last year. If we can just get some production from our draft picks, we could be looking good for several years.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Exactly.

That, by itself, probably makes the Titans 5-11 last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar