Fowler Willing to Play With Pain

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

money. as soon as fowler signed with us he was running with the first team defense, despite tulloch having a year in the system. the coaches obviously wanted fowler to be the starter regardless of whether he was out played or not.
    i don't think so, he calls the plays when the second unit is in during pre-season.

everyone keeps saying tulloch misses gaps. i went back and watched the games he played a prominent role in last year and he pretty much eliminated that from his game.

what i saw was someone who was capable of making stops behind the LOS and also had the ability to make plays sideline to sideline.

i was one of the few who was willing to give fowler a chance, but the only thing that separates fowler and sirmon is a little bit of speed.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good points. I don't quite understand why this happens with the Titans.

Maybe the intention of the article was the job is Fowler's to compete for. Otherwise, it just makes no sense to automatically name him the starter.

Another guy that makes killer plays but never sees the field. Seems like it.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Nobody is saying it, so I will. Fowler is straight garbage!!! There is no way he should be the starter. Tully gets to the ball period. He may miss an assignment, or take a bad angle every once and a while, but that's nothing that doesn't happen in football to every defensive player. He's my man and the whole 9 but I have seen Keith Bull take more and more of them as of late. Tully is a PLAYMAKER. He's not just a tackler, he's a big hitter as well. Fowler is neither of these. He's boring, and his prescence on the field is uneventful at best. Funny thing is I can't even tell when he's in the game. Tully has the energy, and desire to get to the ball. He's faster, and stronger and the only thing Fowler has over Tully is height.

Fisher needs to let it go, and Let Tully do his thing, our defense will be better off.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I still trust Fisher and the other coaches to make the right decision but I don't trust the GM.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't see fowler as a huge weakness in the defense and saying a guy is boring isn't a bad thing. Fowler is better than sirmon was the prior year.

If tackles impress you guys so much than why no love for brad kassell? He was in on 101 tackles for us in 04 and in on 77 in 05. He must have been a stud! Sirmon was in on 88 tackles in 06.

Fowler doesn't make mistakes(Boring) and is pretty good in coverage for a MLB. He does need to be more foreceful at the point of attack this year. I was disappointed that he didn't read and get into the hole quicker. Maybe this year will see some improvement.

I think both guys are fairly close and money certainly plays into it. I don't see fowler as a big weakness in the defense. this is not an LT type situation and not worth getting excited about. I would like to see them share the position 50/50 with both contributing to special teams.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Haven't been a Titans fan very long, huh? lol

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:grrhee:

That's the first thing I thought.

Come on, Lamont Thompson is all someone needs to know to question Fisher's personnel decisions.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I ask myself that question everyday. lol

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

tulloch is a bad mamma jamma. I've always wanted him over Fowler. Fowler's just a special teams guy...he's not starting linebacker material anyways.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

The sad thing is Jeff said as soon as he comes back the spot is his, what a joke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar