Four years later, Egboh on doorstep of NFL start

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

There were times, Titans defensive end Panell Egboh acknowledges, that he wondered if he’d ever actually play in an NFL game. He is finally preparing to make his NFL regular-season debut on Sunday at LP Field, almost four years after he played his last college game.

“I’m excited, man, real excited,” Egboh, 26, said. “At the same time, I’ve got some butterflies. But it’s definitely an opportunity to show the world what I can do on a national stage. I don’t know how much I’ll be playing, but however many plays I get I’ll be out there doing my best.”

Egboh has been part of four organizations since leaving Stanford following the 2008 season: The 6-foot-6, 287-pounder was originally signed by the 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2009; spent a few weeks of the 2009 season on the Texans’ practice squad; spent time on both the Eagles’ and the Titans’ practice squads in 2010; and spent all of last season on the Titans’ practice squad.

“There were a lot of times I wondered if it would ever work out,” Egboh said. “I’ve been sitting at home watching the first NFL game of the season and wondering, ‘Is that ever going to happen for me?’ I’d be almost giving up, but I stayed working out and luckily got a call to be on the practice squads.”

Egboh has been a regular part of the mix at defensive end during training camp and the preseason, but he still admits to a feeling of relief last Friday evening, when he learned he’d survived final cuts and was on the 53-man roster.

“I was still nervous, even after 8 o’clock when (the roster was set),” Egboh said. “I was definitely happy, but I was almost like, ‘This can’t be.’ ”

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm excited for Egboh, seems like he can really help us.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Malcolm Shepperd: He took ma jerb!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar