Four teams interested in trading for Andre Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Sure, he has some ability, but he isn't in the same category as Hyde or Hill. That pick really didn't make much sense to me. Those guys are big, every down back, bell-cow type guys. I don't see that with Sankey. That being said, we could be a lot worse of than him.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My assumption was we didn't want big one denominational RB's with Whisenhunts offense. Whiz likes a guy that can do a bit of it all, and Sankey is exactly that..

3. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Hyde can definitely catch. I watched him at OSU, while he didn't get the ball a ton based on Miller's game(didn't use checkdowns a ton), he caught it when it was thrown to him. Don't know as much about Hill. But, that is why you have a guy like McCluster/Sproles,etc to do those things when you get a big back. JMO

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't think Sankey is a turd. I give any high draft pick atleast two years before labeling them a bust. Although, I was very very very disappointed in him, especially after we could/should of had Hill or Hyde.

I agree that he's not our starter in 2016, but I think he'll still get carries next year. We'll be in a split back system.

5. JCBRAVE

heres some of the good I saw in Sankey, anything after week-12 should be disregarded since the line at that point wasn't up to NFL level.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

170 touches and that's the best you came up with? I think you just proved my point.

Look, I'm not saying he's terrible I'm just saying I think he's going to end up being a bad pick. Given where we took him and the plethora of other needs we had (/still have) if you are going to take a RB there you better knock it out of the park. Instead we got wowed by some unspectacular RB who can catch a football while doing a flip. Classic Titans.

Granted he's only one year in but he needs to make some drastic improvements to live up to that pick.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Totally agree. We jumped the gun and took a RB way too early.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

That highlights exactly what is wrong with him. Gets whats there, no real power or wiggle.

9. JCBRAVE

No, I only gave you 5 plays because it takes too long to generate more, and quite frankly youve already decided he sucks so I could show you 40 good plays and youd still hate him.

Mark my words, Sankey will be a part of the turn around here...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Again, I don't think he sucks. I think he's pedestrain.

I might have to sig that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar