Four Questions: Raiders @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Will the Titans offense be more effective scoring TDs in the red zone?
    One of the key problems facing the Titans offense is scoring red zone TDs. Last week's eight FG record-setting performance by Rob Bironas pointed to just how bad the situation has become.

The Titans currently are 34.6 percent in scoring TDs when they've gotten within 20 yards of the goal line. The best in the league is 70.6. 12 of the 15 winning NFL teams have a percentage of 40 or more.

This game may help in this area as the Raiders are 17th in the league in red zone defense giving up TDs 50 percent of the time.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

We need more plays for the Tight ends on the red zone guys!!

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

And for Vince to run it.

I say, spread it out. 4 or 5 receivers inside the ten yard line. Either one will be wide open cuz they have to spy on Vince, or a huge running lane will be there. I know this, I've seen it happen... We just stopped doing it...

4. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Exactly! That's what I'm talkin about man. Which will solve our redzone TD problems. S-p-r-e-a-d IT o-u-t, we may not have the best WR's in the game to get open but we do have an outstanding QB who can run and a load of guys up front who can keep the pressure off of our QB.

edit: And if we're going to run it inside the 20 bring in C. Henry, he's got the speed and loads of power.

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

We have to use Vince in the redzone. Bootleg, option - anything. Spread it out and give him 2 quick reads before he decides to keep it... And why we're not going to the TEs there, I'll never know - Moulds, too. Moulds is built like a TE now, and he has the experience and hands.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

1st play of the game: Go deep!
    2nd play of the game: Go deep!
    3rd play of the game: Run
    5th play of the game: Short pass to TE/Moulds
    5th play of the game: Run
    6th play of the game: Run
    7th play of the game: Play Action = TD!

7. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

what happens if they intercept one f those deep passes?...then we're done for because I don't think Vince could handle another int right off the bat. it would kill his confindence and I would expect to see a few more ints. however the flip side would that he would actually complete one or it be incomplete. That would put the Defense on their heels.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

The Titans will lose on Sunday and The Don and Hoff know why! Hmph!!!!

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Woahh Woahh....whats up with this? Why do you think we will lose? I am confused! :shocked: :shocked:

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

NO NO, you gotta punish the player, not the team...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar