Found a copy of Fisher's Playbook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

30 passes and 21 runs against Denver, (counting sacks + pass attempts) which is what I like to see, but the plays themselves were what I was disappointed in this week.

20 passes and 38 runs against NY, counting 3 VY runs as passes but not sure if they were designed or scrambles in retrospect. Likely scrambles, though.

43 passes and 18 runs (counting two Collins and two Young runs as scrambles because of the yardage) against Pittsburgh.

26 passes and 32 runs (counting 7 VY runs as scrambles from a pass play) against Oakland.

This means we've called approx. 119 pass plays and 109 run plays in 4 games. About a 52/48 pass attack percentage-wise.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

By quick glance, I see 71 attempts by Young, 25 by Collins. 94 carries by CJ, 15 by Ringer and 13 by Young.

Since those 13 carries by Young includes seven sacks, that means they were called pass plays. I'm guess he's taken another few for positive gains. Let's assume his number has only been called four times.

Totals: 113 pass plays, 105 pass plays.

Who knows how many were nullified by penalty, etc. but I agree that the ratio is much closer than many think. Where I think the issue in the passing game is is with passes which are thrown 10+ yards. If he can do what he did in the Giants game and hit that 15-yard pass consistently, it would do wonders for the run game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar