Former Titan Chris Sanders on the draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

And I say we whiff on getting that top FA OG.

2. Clark

Munchak gonna look extra scrubby after April roles around. He gonna screw up FA, have to draft based on need. It'll be a disgusting off season. Much more of the same to come fellas. We ain't heavy players in FA. Our big signing last year was an undersized DE who been playing OLB.... And a washed up Hutchinson so is basically worthless. Yea we went hawd

3. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

This post sums up what should be the front office's theme for the entire offseason. Regardless of coaching moves, if we adequately address these 2 areas I will be happy.

On offense, if we dont either get a starting caliber FA guard or get one in the first 2 rounds of the draft it will be very hard for me to get motivated to watch Titans games next year. Also if Amano or Harris is starting next year....or still on the team for that matter.... :wall:

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Im sure we will. Look @ last year and all those centers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If Star is gone, I'd go Dee Milliner or Chance Warmack.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

honestly unless the Titans draft only QBs and kickers they will be drafting for need.

talent holes everywhere.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chris Sanders better not quit his day job. We are losing our 3 best offensive guards, Hutch to retirement and 2 more to free agency and this is the time to upgrade that position for the long haul.

Resigning Cook is a major priority because there simply are not any players like him in free agency unless we decide to sign another WR.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nobody can consider me a Bama homer when it comes to the draft. I'm not sure Milliner is the best value with that pick. He's more like the 15th best player in the draft. Warmack on the other hand is a top 5 guy and fills a greater need.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Clark

In a sense yes. But that's why lining the correct level of talent up with each pick and not getting ripped off matters. If we don't land Warmack or Star at 10 I think we will be losing said value a little. D. Milliner would be next up for us but he's not in the same category as those other two.

Most people here love Elam, at 39 I think he's still there and there's easily better talent still on the board. This pick will be whoever slid out of the first round and still makes sense for us. Could easily be a DE.

10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

The only thing I really agree with from the article is the fact we need a DT. Griffin playing SS? Hahaha that is a joke right? SS is the LAST place we need Griffin to play, unless we just enjoy seeing him getting trucked and missing tackles. And the OL was BAD when we had all our starters ... it was just a disaster after our OL started dropping like flies which made our starters seem a little better. Our current OL is among the wost in the league, and NEEDS to be addressed.

Also the article was poorly written. I felt like I was reading a paper written by a highschooler.

As far as the draft goes ... My #1 is Star. I pray that he will have a bad combine and fall to us at 10. If not Star, then I am probably going Warmack. I know some people don't like taking a OG top 10, but they can get over it. We will be getting a great player and filling a HUGE need.

I won't be too excited if we took Milner at 10, and I don't think we will. This staff needs to win NOW or they won't have a job next year. CB isn't a huge need for us now, and most rookie CBs don't come in and make a big impact right off the bat. If you want an immediate impact, you go with DT/OL ... those are 2 positions that rookies can excell at right away, and they are bigger needs.

2nd round depends on what we do in the 1st. My top 2 scenarios would be as follows"

1. Star
    2. Barrett Jones

or

1. Warmack
    2. Elam

In FA we need to target OL, CB, S, RB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar