Former or current NFL players.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Just curious to know some former or current NFL players you went to High School with or competed against.

Players I went to High School with that made it to the NFL:
    1. Willie Reid - Florida State- 3rd round pick in 2006 to the Pittsburgh Steelers.. How this guy is not a household name in the NFL is beyond me. I have yet to see a High School RB that is better than he was. The thing that messed him up was going to Florida State as a RB and Bowden switched him to WR and screwed his career up.
    2. Mike Richardson - Notre Dame- 6th round pick for the Patriots. Notre Dame really coached this guy up, because he was not that good of a athlete at all. Extremely smart though :D

Players I competed with in cross town rivalries.
    1. Chansi Stuckey - Clemson- WR Arizona Cardinals. He still plays in the NFL with the Cards.
    2. Kyle Moore - USC - DE Tampa Bay Bucs. Still currently plays with the Bucs.

There were a few more:
    Dontarrious Thomas: 2nd Round pick for Vikings. From big time geek to NFL
    Brandon King - Colts

Also, there was a guy named Ernest Simms who went to Kentucky that was 3 years older than me. If he was serious about the game, he would have been the Devin Hester of the NFL right now, and I would bet that he would have been the NFL's fastest man at one point.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I played against James Banks in high school. He kicked our butts really bad. He was signed to the browns for a couple days after transferring from Tennessee to some Juco.

Also I grew up with Joey Elliot who played at Purdue and was signed to the Eagles for a short period in the preseason last year, he plays in the CFL now.

3. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I played against Terrelle Pryor in high school.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I didn't go to high school with or compete against him but I had a mutual friend with Donte Stallworth at UT and hung out/partied with him a few times while he was there (luckily, he wasn't driving).

As far as I know the only pro athlete I went to school with is Dan Uggla (Braves 2B).

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

:ha:.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I remember bull rushing Vikings Center John Sullivan back in the day among others, but that's the biggest name.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Played against LB Eddie Moore who went on to star at UT. He turned out to be a 2nd round pick and I think he's still in the league.

He was a beast in HS. Tackled one of my teammates so hard both ear pieces of his helmet flew out.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I'm dating myself here........I was just just coming into my own as they were going out:

Bob Chandler (RIP) - WR for Buffalo Bills and Oakland Raiders in the 70's. His parents are still friends with mine.

George Buehler - Mainstay guard for the Oakland Raiders in the 70's. His Dad was also my Doctor as a kid.

Yes....I'm old enough to be most of you guy's Dad.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I played with Wane McGarity WR for the Cowboys in HS and against him in college, Drew Brees, Montae Reagor DE for the Colts, Darwin Brown DB Broncos, Roomate with Wes Welker, Sammy Morris in HS and College,also played with Kliff Kingsbury QB Patriots for a few years, Carlos Francis WR Raiders and both Ricky Williams. Played with and against Priest Holmes back when he was Anthony Holmes in HS and College too!

Played against a bunch of guys in college.

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Went to school with Dexter Mccluster..that's about it i think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar