Former Chiefs and Texans OT Eric Winston visited the Titans today (per Adam Schefter)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by munie, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Winston would be a small upgrade/push if they wanted to cut Stewert but with us already having a good backup (Otto) and an athletic guy with upside (Stingley) I don't see where he fits on the depth chart.
  2. TitanMark

TitanMark Starter

Winston has been on radio here in Houston quite a bit the last few months and he has said he isnt getting much attention. He has been wanting too much money. If he is here in Tenn, he may be signing. He should be very familier with the Dlines of the AFC South teams.
  3. Finnebosch

We have decent depth (Otto and Stingley) and Winston is a top 5 right tackle.
  4. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Meh, I'll pass.. He's talented, just don't see where he fits. We have limited funds already, and Winston isn't cheap.. I rather sign Israel Idonije
  5. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

Then maybe they are moving from Stewart? ... I really don't know, just speculating.

I have been concerned this offseason about the status of Stewart and his ability to return to form next year. Maybe the staff has the same concerns.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Otto sucks dude and he knows it. I hate keeping career back-ups
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

I thought Otto has played well when he came in
  8. Finnebosch

There is nothing wrong with being a career back up in the NFL and Otto is more then decent at his job. He has filled in admirably when Roos or Stewert has gone down in the past although he is a lot better on the right side.
  9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Can Stewart be cut with no/minimal cap hit?
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Obviously there is some sort of set back with Stewart's recovery or else we wouldn't bring in a guy like Winston. The more you think about it the more you wonder why we would bring in him just for depth. I doubt he wants to be back up and I really doubt he would want to be paid like one.