Forget Holt, or any other WR in free agency or trading positions.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Here's my mock for the Titans right now:

Heyward-Bey (starting to be unlikely cause his stock is soaring)
    Moore (game changer at Vandy)

okay that's all I have

2. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I believe we'll draft a Linebacker with #1. Lots of of good ones this year. Our guys are getting up there.

CB or WR #2

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

our offense is still 2nd tier because we have a QB that we pay not to make mistakes.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^It's up to the receivers to make plays AFTER the catch. I'd rather it be that way and mistake-free, or close to it. (as long as they don't fumble after the catch...playoffs...)

And why Heyward Bey's stock is soaring, who knows. Just another guy with a good combine. He's the receiver version of Chris Henry. If he didn't do anything in college...he wont in the NFL. No matter how fast he is. No matter what shape he's in. He's not a football player.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Wow, Gloat and I are on the same page two days in a row..

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm with you on the optimism here.

But I don't know. I've always been a huge fan of our defense, and our offense has had it's great moments that unfortunately seem so few and far between. It's an engine that misfires more than you'd like, but you just know it's about to catch fire and roar to life as it was meant to. At least we hope.

The good thing about no Haynesworth is no monumental distractions. I expect this team to knit together closer a little tighter, even VY in a supporting role. Once that happens and they eliminate distractions, I think it'll really flow. The sum will be greater. This part I believe. We'll see how it translates.

I still think it can be WR and CB, 1 and 2, just as much as the reverse. I mean, are we trying to not upset Chris Davis and Paul Williams? :lol: Gage and Washington? Collins? I mean, it is what it is. We're upgrading. I also think a lot of the players feel that "chemistry" first and foremost means "get the job done." So, who cares if we draft Harvin or Nicks or Britt or Bey, and the same for any of the corners, in the first when they're going to be here 5 or 6 years anyway? I think it'll be close, but offhand I'd say they'll have their choice at either. And either can be worked in gradually. And a later pick can impact immediately.

In the end, we agree. They have a nice freedom heading into the draft I think.

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I just think it's humorous that, with the loss of B. Jones and the addition of Washington, we've gone from the worst receiving corpse to set enough at WR to not worry about picking one in the draft. Is Nate Washington that much of an upgrade over B. Jones? Who's our third receiver now? Hawkins hasn't shown squat, but most of you have inserted him into the starting lineup. We still have a subpar group of WRs. Granted, Washington is a great addition, but he is not the #1 we need. We are exactly where we were last offseason as far as WRs go.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Easy there ace, i was just adding a little sarcasm to my question. I'm not going to sit here and make predictions on how i think our d-line is going to play without AH untill i see it for myself. I do think the addition of Hayes is a good one and should make for a good rotation between Vickerson,Jones, and Brown,IMO i would like to add one more big body(someone over 300 besides Vick)to the line-up for security but thats just me. I'm very intrigued to see the scheme that Cecil is going to use on our defense espically on the front four. We're not going to get the same pressure rushing four like we did when AH was in the game that i can guarantee,sure we might get lucky from time to time and get some hits on the qb but dont count on it on a regular bases. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of tricks he has up his sleeve because lets be honest here, with AH in the game it was basically 11 on 9 sometimes 11 on 8,now its pretty much 11 on 11, we'll win some battles but not as much as we use to..

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

As far as the WR,if Fisher and MR see an option that they like before the draft,i'm sure they'll make a decision. I'm not going to make any bets because i dont gamble but i'm not going to rule it out either.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The key is that Washington could play out to be the field stretcher this team hasn't had.. No doubt a WR or two should be picked up in the draft or FA period..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar