Forget about VY starting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Two thought for this thread.

1.) Fisher and Dinger simply don't know how to play Vince. Give VY to Mike Smith, John Harbaugh, Tony Sparano, Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, Bill Belichick, Rex Ryan, and they'll all ride Vince into the playoffs. Fact is Fisher is getting passed by, by creative coaches.

2.) As much as I'm dying to see a glimpse of VY this year, it may not happen only because the Titans aren't looking for his kind of play any longer. They think they want a system QB and not a play maker. Guess the second C.J. stops breaking long runs he's done. They're going to miss the playoffs if they don't fix the special teams errors and the holes in the defense. I'm not worried about the defense other than depth at corner. People saying VY cant fix the secondary and the ST are right, but he will add the spark this team has lost. Some excitement can be the answer to their success.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^^I wonder how much spark "a quitter" can provide to Bulluck and other members of the D?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't buy into this. The only thing the Titans want is a QB who wins. If they thought that was Vince Young, they'd make the change in a heartbeat.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Collins can get us close to winning and just hasn't been able to close the deal. Vince can usually close the deal if it's within reach, but can't get through the 1st 3 quarters to give himself a chance.

To me the answer is pretty clear - Dinger absolutely has to work with the offense to tweak our protection schemes and routes to handle the blitz. We need to get balance back between the run and pass to take some of the pressure off Collins. If we do that then I think all this talk goes away, and the Titans get the ship turned around. Collins is back to being praised for taking care of the ball and doing what it takes to win games.

If we don't then it's 2006 all over again. Eerily similar. Week 7 bye, 0-4 with Collins struggling and the VY drums pounding louder each week.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Bring them back?

We've never been so far behind in those games to 'bring' a team back. We've always been within a TD with plenty of time to try to score to get the lead and he has not only failed, he's been almost useless.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Alot of his completions are supposedly thrown to spots where only our wrs can catch them. But he's making them have to make crazy catches when they can barely hold on to the ball. He could have easily thrown more than 13 incompletions but his wrs bailed him out. So i don't wanna hear any blame on dropss.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That is simply absurd.

There were good throws and bad throws and there were good catches and bad catches. But a lot of the argument has been that Collins doesn't do enough at the end of the game- particularly in regards to the Jets run of 13 incompletions. Review the tape- he hit Washington in stride in his hands twice, Gage one and Britt once. Each of those would have sustained the drives that stalled.

The WR's receive EQUAL blame as do other players who FAILED TO EXECUTE. The problem is not just Collins.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I didn't say just Collins. I said that there were plays that could have extended drives but were poorly thrown and ended in a punt. So if those balls are thrown better and caught, maybe a drive is extended,and maybe we score. But who knows. All i know is receivers got their number of poor balls thrown. so they should not be blamed for making Kerry look bad. These are the same excuses VY homers came up with. Wrs are the blame, He threw some good balls that weren't caught, he needs better blocking. Get over it, were going nowhere fast and whether Vince is the answer or not, Kerry sure isn't.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Really? In that case, allow me to take you to a David Copperfield show.

10. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

You mean when Kerry knows he won't get hit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar