Forget about VY starting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

On another note, Philly released Jeff Garcia (to make room for re-signing Trotter). Let's can Collins and get Garcia. LOL

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

No more old Qb's.

We need a Matt Ryan.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Now we are finding common ground. It should sounded like you were putting all this on Collins.

I never said he wasn't a part of it. It's that he wasn't close to being the main reason. Without those major mistakes (not associated with Collins) in the first three games, I think the Titans are 2-1 if not 3-0.

Try reading closer because that's total BS. Collins should be held accountable for his poor play as everyone else and I've never said otherwise.

Read Wyatt's blog. He says what I've been trying to say much better than I ever could: http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2009/09/28/no-quarterback-change-needed/

I'm done.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And if he could do something in the 4th quarter we could have Superbowl and be 3 - 0.
    Do I expect him to win every one of those games? No.
    Do I expect him to at least do something? Yes.

He is the only constant in all of those losses.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Please tell me you're joking?
    A change was needed WAAAAAAAAAAAAY before we went 0-3. And I'm not talking about the QB position per se' either. Mouton should have been yanked after the second fumble/drop. Collins should have been benched way before we went 0-5 in 2006 as well.
    You don't go out and buy auto insurance right after you have an accident, do you? Well maybe if you're stubborn and don't feel like getting it/paying for it.
    You get insurance when you get the car...BEFORE you have an accident.
    Fisher DOES NOT make changes when needed, he reluctantly makes changes after the fact...more or less when they're a day late and a dollar short.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i drove 7 years without auto insurance, wife made me get some and still havent needed it.

just wasting money. now back on topic. *smacks self in the thigh*

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Can't bench the entire secondary, can't bench all the receivers for dropping passes. Only person we can bench is Collins. Weather he was the main reason for losing or not, sometimes change is made in places its not necessarily needed, and sometimes it works.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If you don't think Vince should be starting right now, that's fine. If you think Kerry still gives us the best chance to win, I have no problem with that. What drives me crazy are these Nostradamus's among us who KNOW he's worthless and hasn't gotten any better. Do you guys really want to go into the offseason without seeing him under center as a starter again? You'd be fine watching him go to another team and potentially do great while we are stuck here with old man Collins and a TBD rook? Or on the other side of the coin, have him eating up cap on our roster next year and THEN finding out he's a lost cause? We HAVE to see where we stand with this guy. And considering we are 0-3 with a tough road ahead I don't see why that time shouldn't be now.

IMO it would be complete idiocy not to give him another chance this year considering everything we have invested in him (a top 5 pick and a ridiculous amount of money). He's 26 years old and hasn't played in a meaningful game since last season's opener. Is it really so hard to imagine that maybe, just maybe, he would perform better now?

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty new around here but if you guys knew me you'd know that I haven't exactly been Vince's biggest fan recently and I'm certainly not some delusional VY supporter that wants to see him play by any means necessary. Just trying to be fair and calling it like I see it. Yes, his career so far has been up and down but personally I'm ready to see what he could do with CJ and the new receiving threats. If he fails with these weapons I'd be completely fine declaring him a total bust.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Those are pretty much my sentiments, especially the last two paragraphs.

However, this has crossed my mind...if Dinger said he wanted two more seasons to work with Dinger, and if Vince is still on the bench because they have that little faith in him at the moment, they might have to give him a little leeway for a game or two, especially if they throw him out in the Indy or NE game.

10. Jaguarsforsale

Jaguarsforsale Camp Fodder

This is a joke...right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar