forget about drafting a QB Floyd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tonye209, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

look my point of view i heard on espn that steve mcnair didnt want to tutor a rookie QB....if we sign Steve Mcnair for five years we will be set...we dont need to draft a QB this year....but if Mcnair doesnt re sign then we draft a QB...

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Well if it is on ESPN, it must be true. From God's lips to Mort's ears.

3. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

McNair for five years? Are you crazy man? I am sure he would come nice and cheap at about 10 mill a year. Not a fan of that plan.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The mentoring factor is over rated...

I still think steve can play in this league another 2 maybe 3 seasons. Standing pat with mcnair and volek is not as bad as many seem to think. Steve didn't play bad at all last year and volek has a career 87 passing rating.

We still need to draft a QB, maybe 2 but we can do that later in the draft.

Mari in two tone blue?

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am as big a fan of McNair as anyone...I think that despite his injuries and such that he has been responsible for our success ever since they cracked open the Colisseum. That being said, we would be crazy to not draft a QB this year at #3. There is no guarantee that another batch of QBs like this will come into the draft anytime soon...and hopefully we will not be in position to draft so high again for a few years to come.

I don't believe McNair is as opposed to mentoring the next starting QB here as Buzzed Cook wants the media to believe. He is an agent...his lips were moving...all you need to know about the depth of truth to his statements.

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

When Brett Favre takes a **** does Steve follow him into the bathroom?

7. Nash

Nash Starter

Tonye the reality is that Steve could barely get out from under center in the pro-bowl.. he looked absolutely horrible.. we all love Steve and appreciate his great years, but he might not have 2-3 years left.. he might be closer to done than we know..

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Considering the Bud Adam's article I say we go QB.
    As far as "mentoring" a young QB it simply reveals a person's character or lack of it. If McNair really feels he has something left in the tank all he has to do is play so well next year that we have no choice but to keep him. That is exactly what Brees did in SD after the Chargers drafted Rivers. McNair could be this teams QB as long as he played like a top 10 QB. Apparently he has the EG syndrome where he thinks he deserves something without earning it. The NFL is about what have you done lately and what can you do for me now. The reason we are looking to go QB is because McNair is done, he is on the down slide of his career. Even if he goes to the Ravens or some other team I doubt he makes it through 16 games or does anything outstanding. McNair's attitude last year was terrible and he wasn't a team player. His time has come to fade into the sunset. How he goes is up to him.

9. Is everyone crazy?

Take Young and look to the future, Steve will be here for perhaps 2 more seasons and I feel that that is enough for him.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Steve in the pro bowl..

He went home after the season was over and ate a gallon of gumbo every day, with rice! He had no idea he was going to be in the pro bowl and didn't pick up a football from the end of game 15 until he showed up.

What quality QB is done at the age of 33? His arm is sound, he has had no recontructive knee surgery, no history of concussions. He does have a history of giving out a few concussions just ask duane starks about that.

This is steve mcnair we are talking about not some pansy. He has a legacy to preserve a history, a hall of fame bid. This is jim plunkett circa 1980 and 1983. Plunkett won super bowls at ages 33 and 36. Mcnair will win super bowls at ages 33, 34, 35, 36! Give him a kick butt lineman to protect him, or a defense that shuts people down.

Give the guy some support for crying out loud!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar