For UT fans.. 1968 Orange Bowl broadcast.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CRUDS, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Someone in a horror film group posted this because there is a local TV spot for a Frankenstein film just after halftime here.
    I start scrolling around and noted a bunch of cool and interesting stuff.
    It's a color on color game with both UT and OU wearing home uniforms.
    The halftime show is profound for "68. Crazy circus stuff amongst bigtime school band choreography.
    Cigarette commercials etc.
    A giant onscreen graphic that says " Us vs Them". Bizarre across the board..

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

USA yet to touch the moon

I skipped around. The players were not giants. Bill Battle was the Vols KR

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I went to a lot of games at that stadium. For all the tropical imagery in those old Super Bowl highlights etc. it was an absolutely wretched place to see a game.

The seats were high school style benches with no seat back.

[​IMG]

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And this pic shows the parking situation that was going on back then.
    What you see is what you get. On each corner that first street had homes on the other side.
    You'd pay $20 to park in some Cuban lady's back yard and when the game was over you'd have to wait for 17 cars to move before you could get out..
    For me that included an hour drive on 95 after finally reaching the interstate.

[​IMG]

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

This is fantastic. Downloading now.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Even now the nfl stadium looks like a dump compared to the top sec schools. Some people think the antiquated facilities are hurting Miami recruiting.

The nfl stadium was built around 85. The school needs their own new facility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar