For Tri-cities (Bristol - JC - Kingsport, TN) Titans fans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FormerMrs27, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FormerMrs27

FormerMrs27 Guest

For those of you who live in the Tricities area, you know that the Titans game was not shown this past Sunday or the week we played the Ravens. After two emails to the station manager at WJHL, I recieved a response. Below is the email (I'll also attach the emails that I sent to the station).

Dear Ms. McGlocklin,

First, let me apologize for not replying to your first email. I'm normally very diligent about returning messages to viewers and I guess your first one got away from me.

Secondly, I want to apologize to you for not airing the Titans game day before yesterday. I know we let you down and the only thing I can say for myself is that when I made my selection three weeks ago I honestly thought the Colts/Jaguars game was the better of the two. I will not make that mistake again. I don't blame you for being irritated with us, and I assure you that Sunday's game with the Jaguars will be televised as will the Buffalo game on the 24th.

I realize that I can't show the excitement of the game just missed, but I can assure you that from this point on we will make sure to carry the Titans games.

Thanks for writing to me and I hope you'll give us another chance!

Sincerely,

Jack Dempsey

Jack D. Dempsey
    President/General Manager
    WJHL-TV/NEWSCHANNEL 11
    338 East Main St. Johnson City, Tennessee 37601
    [email protected]
    1-423-926-2151 fax1-423-434-4537

Here are my emails, starting with the first :o)

To whom it may concern,

Who makes the programming decision as to which NFL game will be shown on Sunday? I am absolutely beside myself that the COLTS game is on instead of the most waited for Titans game of the year. WJHL is located in Tennessee and should show the Tennessee Titans games no matter what kind of year the team is having. The person that made this decision obviously needs to do a little research before deciding NOT to show the Titans game. The Titans played the Baltimore Ravens today...an old AFC Central rivalry AND the return of Steve McNair to Nashville for the first time since he was let go by the franchise. Not to mention that any true Titans fan HATES the Colts, so the fact that the Colts game was chosen over the Titans game is like pouring salt in a wound. Bills at Colts???? What a terrible game. I'm sure the Colts game was chosen over the Titans game due to Peyton Manning...here's a NEWSFLASH, Peyton Manning no longer plays for UT, I know it's hard for most people in this area to except that, but they need to MOVE ON. I was depending on this game being shown as advertised. I am pregnant and cannot go to a bar to view the Titans game. Please advise if I should expect this for the remainder of the NFL football season. If so, I think it is a very, very poor decision.

Best Regards,
    Krista Maiden McGlocklin

And the second:

WJHL,

Nice pick again. Way to support the local team. I tell you what...that Colts/Jags game was a nail biter. I'm glad you showed it instead of the Titans/Texans game. COME ON!!!!! I thought we were done with this crap. You have been showing the Titans game for the past 2 weeks...why not this week????? It shouldn't even be a question. I have never lived somewhere that the local TV station didn't show the local team....NO MATTER WHAT. Again, your choice was a stupid one...the Titans/Texans game was much more exciting. I would greatly, greatly appreciate a response to this email since I did not receive one last time. Can I expect to see the Titans/Jags game on WJHL next week?

One of many pissed off Tri-cities Titans fans,
    Krista McGlocklin
    http://www.myspace.com/kristamaiden

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, hopefully they'll really take note. Those are two big games for titans fans. They were also great games.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hindsight is 20/20.

Looking at it from a non bias titans perspective you would think a game between the top 2 AFC South teams will be better/more interesting then a game between the bottom 2 AFC South teams.

4. FormerMrs27

FormerMrs27 Guest

Well everywhere I ever lived didn't give a crap about which game was supposed to be the most exciting....they showed the local team...EVERY week.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well they worked differently don't they

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it's expected that in TN, especially near to nashville, the general audience is Titans biased...

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Then wouldn't it make sense to not show a game so it entices people to goto the games?

That is how it is done down here.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

good for you fighting the man. :applause:

Before I got my psls three years ago I used to call up and email and generally harrass the FOX affliatte wdsi to run the Titans game when they had an NFC opponent. They did once for me. It was just because the Falcons were on a bye week. Cool myspace.

9. FormerMrs27

FormerMrs27 Guest

Thanks Bipolar...I was a bit hormonal in the second email. :irked: If it wasn't for me being preggers, I'd just go to the bar and watch the game, but I'm not going to expose my little baby linebacker to be to all that smoke. ;) And besides that, it's the principle of the matter.

I need to update my game highlights on my myspace, but thanks for the compliment.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ok there is no way that is Vince Young on myspace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar