For those who think Collins should be QB next year...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Textitan, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Jamarcus russell was a #1 pick in his 2nd year. Just thought it's a fair comparison of a top pick in their 2nd year trying to develop in a bad offense.

Just out of curiosity, clearly you have no respect for the guys mentioned above, besides cutler (shocking a vy hater liking cutler). can you give me a list of your top say 8 qbs in the league?

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's not that I don't have respect for the guys on the list it's just I don't think Romo or Roethlisberger are elite QBs is all, I might put them in my top 10 but closer to 10 than 1. And I'm not a Cutler fan, I think he's all stats and not as many wins to back it up. Yea he'll probably be the best QB of the 06 draft but I don't think he would work well in our system.

But yea I'll give you a list.

In no order because I don't feel like it:

8. Phillip Rivers
    7. Kurt Warner
    6. Tom Brady
    5. Peyton Manning
    4. Drew Brees
    3. Donovan McNabb
    2. Tony Romo
    1. Eli Manning

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There is plenty of blame to go around for this loss.

1. Mcareins 2 drops and a fumble. The timliness of his mistakes killed us dropping a first down pass and then catching a first down pass and fumbling it away. Because of those 2 plays we lost out on a fresh set of downs and a little momentum.

2. Our offensive line. Got outplayed by a defensive front that is not elite. The texans are not ranked in the top half of the league on defense.

The texans are ranked 24th against the run and 24th in ypc. They give up 4.5 yards a rush!

3. Finnegan 2 absolutely ******* plays. In a tight defensive low scoring game you don't have a team 30 free yards! More than half the yards the texans got on that drive was from those 2 penalties. We basically gave them a FG!

4. Coaching. We went into the game with no plan for helping roos with mario even though he is one of the elite defensive players in this league. Made no adjustments during the game either.

Gave up on the run in the 2nd half.

Made the dumbest decision of the year by not kicking a 49 yard FG.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not exactly sure what logic would put tom brady 6th best among nfl QBs but it is not very good. Romo and brees have not smelled a super bowl yet.

1. brady
    2. P manning

Then you go from there.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Don't forget that STUPID roughing the QB penalty by Hayes on 3rd and 23 early on to extend that drive. The freaking idiotic penalties killed us today and extended drives that ate lots of time off the clock. Dinger was out to lunch showcasing JMac the way he did. Someone needs to tell him to check that man love he has for Mac...it ain't working and won't ever work.

A bad win, punctuated by poor coaching decisions. We will have to play the game of the year to beat the Steelers...if Kerry struggled against the pathetic Texans then that aggressive 3-4 of the Steelers will have him crying by halftime. Steelers will spread out our defense and eat us up with quick passes ala the Jets.

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

i really never have quite beleived in collins that much and vince is a great athlete but has problems with the mental part of the game it seems like. maybe he will get that part figured out. i am curious to see what simms can do.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Not sure what logic goes in to not reading the whole post but it's not very good.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

In case your serious, he's the QB that led Tennessee to the 1998 national championship, and my favorite Vol QB ever.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My fav vol QB is the guy they had this season.

What is his name again?

Go bama!

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

just out of curiousity..anyone know Vince's record vs houston?

I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar