For those wanting Kevin Kolb....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The way the CBA talks are going, I doubt any trade happens this season.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I like Locker arm strength and mobility plus the fact that he has good mechanics when he is not under pressure. I think Locker's main issues are mental ones. He needs to learn when to tuck ball and how to make multiple reads. I think a coaching staff with a good QB coach (aka Jim Zorn) will be able to make Locker into a star QB.

I think my main concern is the fact that since losing Haynesworth that we have loss our ability to collapse the pocket. I think a 310+ DT will give us the abillity to shove a guard or center into a QB's face and take more doubles which would leave our pass rushers (Babin, Morgan, and Jones) free to get to the QB.

I think good blitzing is more so on the scheme then the players.

Youngs failings as a Titan have nothing to do with his game. If Kaepernick were to show the same sense of entitlement that Young did or have reports of off the field issues then I think the comparison would be more apt. Kaepernick has a lot of physical potential when you consider his athleticism and his arm strength. IMO he has the highest ceiling then any QB that is in this years draft class; he does however need to be taught from the ground up how to play the QB position. We are going to sit whoeve we draft for 2-3 years anyway so my thought is why not bring in the guy who has the most potential.

Harris is a free agent and I really hope that we cut Amano this year. In all honestly I wouldn't of extended him in the first place.

1. It isn't that difficult to convert from one safety position to another.
    2. Weddle has played both safety spots at one point or another.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm thinking the same thing. Fortunately I don't see any QB's that really jump out. I'm hoping that with the new OC we'll get a solid QB that he can develop. I think a lot of the QB's success, especially transitioning into the NFL, comes from coaching and being in a complimentary system.

For Kolb's asking price, I'd rather look elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar