For those wanting Kevin Kolb....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by chamgel2, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I honestly don't think trading up 15 spots is enough for Philly to pull the trigger on the deal. They're reportedly asking for 2, firsts.

I also don't think this deal will work because, if Philly would be up for the deal, I'm sure Arizona would make the same deal with them to get Kolb, and they're ahead of us in the draft order at number 5.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I actually think that is the exact deal that gets done for Kolb...Zona trades their #5 overall pick to Philly for Kolb and pick #23 overall....

3. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

If they trade anything significant for Kolb, I'm driving to Nashville and raping Bud Adams. And I mean that in the least disturbing way possible, and for those of you with that mental image in your head, I'm terribly sorry.

Seriously though. Eagles fans dog the guy all the time. He's got a noodle arm, and is Capt. Checkdown. Just because he's a vet QB who fits the offense ("fits the offense," as in has a pea-shooter arm and people think he has good accuracy, which I disagree with since his accuracy can be sketchy) doesn't mean we should shell out a 2nd RD'er, swap our valuable Top 10 pick, or anything greater than a 3rd RD pick (Although, if he does get dealt, it'll be for a 2nd RD'er [maybe more] because one team will be desperate - we should feel sorry for that team).

We can take Andy Dalton (A guy I like more every day) or Christian Ponder at the start of the 3rd RD, and I guarantee you the difference between them and Corn on the Kolb will be minimal. Kolb's best chance for success is as a game manager, and you don't give up prime picks for a guy whose job is to just not lose the game for ya.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I like Dalton as well, and currently have Ponder near the top of my QB list. I doubt Ponder is there in the 3rd though, he has moved into the middle of the 2nd in most mocks. In my opinion, we need to identify the QB we want, and if he is there in round 2 take him. QB is the one position you do not wait for, especially with so many teams this year needing that position.

5. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

Agreed! But QB's can be tricky. There are even reports coming out that Mallett could fall to the 3rd RD. And Ponder having a good Senior Bowl boosted his stock, but I think he's a late 2nd right now. So he could all to our 3rd, but I'd rather trade up from our 3rd RD'er back in to the 2nd for him, rather than take him at the start of the 2nd just to ensure we got him. Besides, I may like Dalton even more!

Currently, I want to go best defender available in the 1st, and then address Guard/Center in the 2nd RD with a guy like Stefen Wisniewski, Mike Pouncey, or Danny Watkins. Then in the 3rd, take a QB that maybe doesn't have the upside as others but if more polished and can be a game-manager as a rookie.

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If we go with Kaepernick in the 3rd then I am 100% down with that pick but I don't even think he will be there that late.

I think the better strategy would be to go BDPA at number 8 (I like either Miller, Darius, or Quinn), go QB in round 2 (Locker/Kaepernick/Ponder in that order), and then strengthen up the interior OLine by taking Moffitt and Kirkpatrick in rounds 3 through 4.

My best case scenario*:
    1) Marcell Dareus
    2) Jake Locker
    3) John Moffitt
    4) Jake Kirkpatrick

Note: In this scenario I have us grabbing Eric Weddle and Rocky McIntosh in FA.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Two 1st rounders for an unproven QB is insane. Anything more than one 2nd rounder is crazy talk.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm calling it right now:

Arizona Cardinals trade #38 (2nd), #133 (5th), and a Cardinals QB for Kevin Kolb.

Basically, the Eagles get a early 2nd.. they'll trade him. Why not? Vick is the starter, Kolbs on the last year of his deal and will not be returning. Get something for him atleast.

9. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

Bad year for FA's, huh? :D

If we could land Locker in the 2nd, that'd definitely be perfect. I mean, the guy needs the Aaron Rodgers treatment (which is kinda ironic, since Locker's physical attributes compare favorably to Rodgers's), but I'm rooting for him wherever he goes. Not 100% sure how well he'd fit in to a WCO, cosidering his sporadic accuracy, but that can be fixed.

Dareus in the 1st is rock solid. I'm also a big Von Miller fan, and if Gray wants a blitz orientated scheme (maybe not a ZB, but close to it - for now at least), then Miller should be the pick. We don't have a single good blitzing LB - we're better off standing up Jacob Ford or something. Miller would give us the elite pass-rushing OLB needed for the pressure schemes.

I'm not a huge Kaepernick fan, but I know a lot of guys who are high on him. I dunno...it's just after VY, it's hard for me to get excited about dual-threat QB's (even though technically, Locker is a dual-threat QB).

You think we need to draft two interior linemen?

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Eric Weddle is good though. I think he's a free safety though which wouldn't make much sense bringing him here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar