For those wanting Freeny

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alzarius, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Heart condition SOUNDS career threatening. :?:

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I remember reading that Alexander has a hole in his heart. It is something that didn't close when he was a kid. I read something like 20% of people have it. No big deal.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

You have guys like Marcus Cannon and Mark Herzlich who had cancer, their is a long list of players who have conditions and other problems who have career. Look into Frank Alexander for a later round pick he can turn into a stud.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

he hasn't missed a game in 3 years?

EDIT: In 2009 he only played 14 games.

5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

He played the superbowl on a really messed up ankle, dudes pretty tough.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So, let's see if I have this right.

He's had 32 sacks the last 3 years and someone thinks we dont want him???

I'll take Freeney and Mark Anderson so I can draft Necastro in rnd 1. For those that think we shouldn't take Freeney, what do you propose as an alternative?

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think we look at Freeney if he gets cut, if they ask for a trade then no way. Unless it is a low pick. He could probably do fairly well for us. Probably good for around 8 or so sacks and some consistent double teams.

8. pettso

pettso Starter

Even with a low pick, Freeney would have to be willing to rework his deal. No way in hell the Titans pay him 19M (or was it a cap hit of 19M?). If he was willing to restructure, he probably would have done it with the colts. He just wants to get paid. He's gonna ask for 13-14M+ if he gets cut.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Exactly

I would not be too excited about that, because yea we need the help, but he only has another year or two, tops. I just do not want to get stuck with someone not producing, and has a gigantic cap number.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Good catch. I just looked up Indy's schedule. Didn't think about him not playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar