For those of a certain age and might like Punk/Alternative rock...

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Big TT, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Way to tease us Cruds....

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think I know who it is, he has mentioned plenty of recording stuff before.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

CC: the music fans of the world would do well to stop comparing everything to Justin Beiber. He is a POP act, and the 80's were chock full of huge piles of pop s**t too. So were the 50's, 60's, 70's and 90's. The stuff you and I like is subculture and not mainstream pop. There have always been both and there will always be both, and neither is a negative reflection on the other.
    Dunno bout your area but in my old 80's stomping grounds Duran Duran was viewed just like Beiber is: a manufactured group designed to make teenaged girls squeal and open their purses. In retrospect many now see them as iconic musical standardbearers. I'm not saying Beiber will be seen the same way but rather that time filters everything unpredictably.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I'd like to add: on the flip side pop music has brought us some awesome talents who never had a followup hit. Thomas Dolby has recorded three EXCELLENT albums since his pop hit "She Blinded Me With Science", and none of them sound at all like that song. One of them was just released last year and aside from the bizarre second track ("Spice Train") it's a damn fine album.
    I overheard a conversation in a music supply store in which this long-haired, metal-looking sales associate was telling this guy how good the new Vanilla Ice record was..."but nobody will ever hear it because of who it is", he said. Personally I never bothered to find out myself...because of who it is ;)

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

'post' metal and doom metal are amazing right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar