For the Schwartz bashers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I was NOT a fan! But, I have already admitted I was wrong. For the record, I am more than happy to be wrong!

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Defense good. Well alrighty then. My bad.

"prevent" still blows, though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Schwartz stuck to his claim that you can't blitz Peyton Manning. His scheme worked last night...

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Here, here. I have sworn that he was the worse DC in the game. I have to admit that he looks a lot more solid calling plays this season. He blitzes more often (not on Peyton), but more this yr than I have ever witnessed, and he's playing to the defense strength based on the opponent. We look pretty solid suffering having bouts of major mental breakdowns, and actually getting needed stops and getting off the field on 3rd downs.

All that being said, I hope he's outta here next year...lol

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I usually agree but last night I saw what was for me a first effective use of prevent.We definately gave them their 3rd & last TD.

It was gift wrapped for them but at the expense of the clock.They took more time to move the last 20 yards to score than they did to move the previous 50.

It was a thing of beauty. Here you go,you can have 7 points but it's going to cost you all the clock you have left to get those points.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

except the colts got out of bounds three or four times.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Defense played very well last night. I just wish Manning would've got knocked on his butt a few more times though.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Teams have blitzed and destroyed him (mostly 3-4 teams though). He fails under pressure a lot. We've been scorched a lot by him with the same lay back and take it motto. Recently, we've had better players to stay with the Colts, that's key.

Also, Peyton is not on top form this year. Either him, or not being in sync with his receivers, o-line issues, or some of it may be on Harrison losing a step. Whatever the reasons, their passing game does not look as sharp. We didn't even pressure him much last night and he didn't look anything but average. I still can't give a lot of credit to Shwartz.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Well, if he does get a HC job next season, Jaguar fans are already calling for Gregg Williams's head.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That still irritates the hell outta me. I was seeing exactly what you were talking about, but I don't think you should be giving up points... EVER. If the situation is that you don't care if the opponent scores or not, I think you still have an obligation to try to stop them... and make them at least earn that TD with a good play.

I don't believe in compromise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar