Breaking News Fokou Arrested

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sonic28, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Per a report in today's Washingtonian, #Titans LB Moise Fokou was arrested and charged w DUI in January. Trial set for Oct. Fokou signed ...

2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Damn. I was looking forward to shouting Fok-You at games. You guys think he'll stay on the roster?

also, inb4 Kenny Britt jokes.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

And so it begins..

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

So we signed him after the DUI and we knew about it i'm sure right??? If not then that better void his contract.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's just a DUI, that's like a speeding ticket now a days.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't think they'll care. Heck, Finnegan got one right after he was drafted as a 7th rounder.

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Not really breaking news since it happened in January. I would think the Titans already knew about too. So I wouldn't turn it into a big deal

8. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I just put it under Breaking News because none of us fans knew about this.

9. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The attorney for Titans linebacker Moise Fokou said Friday he believes Fokou is innocent of a DUI charge he received February in Washington, D.C.

A blog in the Washingtonian.com on Friday said Fokou was pulled over at about 3 a.m. “on a Friday in January” after a U.S. Park Police officer witnessed him driving at a high rate of speed and across the solid double yellow lines on 14th Street near McPherson Square.

After administering a field sobriety test on Fokou, the officer placed Fokou under arrest, according to the Washingtonian report. Fokou was taken to a Park Police station, where he declined to take a breath alcohol test.

Fokou was charged Feb. 4 with driving under the influence of alcohol or a drug and operating a vehicle while impaired. Fokou pleaded not guilty and has a case scheduled for trial on Oct. 22, which is during the Titans’ bye week.

His attorney, Mark Schamel of Womble Carlyle in Washington, D.C., , said he disputes the charges.

“I think Moise is an amazing and talented young man and I think when this case is over, he’s going to be cleared,” Schamel said. “This guy is going to be an absolute credit to the Nashville community. He’s a great guy.”

In a statement, the Titans said “ we are aware of the report and we will let the legal process conclude before commenting further.”

Fokou signed a two-year, $2.8 million contract with the Titans in March.

Asked if the Titans knew about the incident when Fokou signed, a Titans spokesman referred to the team’s statement.

Fokou, who has been working toward completing his degree at the University of Maryland, had not had any previously publicized legal incidents.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

God NFL players are stupid. I'm pretty sure they have enough $ to pay for a cab.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar