Floyd sounds like Floyd the Barber

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Tired of this pacman BS..

Some draft picks don't give you a damn quarter of good football we got about 24 great games from pacman jones. There is still the possibility we can get many more great games from this guy he is still a titan.

Jeff talks on and on about this vast amount of research that should have been done. Pacman had one major incident while in college only one. He was punished for it and played on after the suspension. The guy almost had a B average at west virginia! A lot of the complaints about pacman had to do with on field issues about how is is penalty prone and picks fights but i honestly think fisher liked that aspect of him. That's what fisher probably meant when he said he could control him.

In any event floyd reese isn't pacman's dad and shouldn't be held responsible for every single stupid thing this guy ever does. At some point it has to fall on pacman to be a good citizen not on the guy who had faith enough in him to draft him.

I'll say this pacman jones gave this team a lot more than any dozen so called bad draft choices so he is not in that category and since he can still play for us i would hold judgement on the pick until we know more..

2. Futuremouse

Futuremouse Guest

I'll take up for Holmes and Dyson. Holmes was a servicable DE opposite Kearse, and was typically a better position player. his tackles in the run game didn't reflect how well he played it, because teams would just run toward the giant hole left when Jevon would blaze 7 yards upfield on every play.

Dyson was miscast as a starting corner, he was noticably more effective as a nickel back (i.e. covering the slot receiver) but his draft status and Mitchell's hype as a hard hitter in run support dictated that he play outside. Dyson was a reactive player, and had a majority of his INTs (including the ones he returned for scores) when he rolled inside and broke on the underneath stuff. 2nd round was a reach for him, maybe, but even as a CB he suffered from the safety merry-go-round that happened behind him. perry phenix, aric morris, schulters, etc, anyone?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dyson miscast as a corner? He was a damn good starting corner. Nobody can say he wasn't..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We all at some time or another have applied for a job that involved signing a consent form for a criminal background check. I'm sure these checks are standard at the combine. These background checks are inexpensive and take just 24 hours for the results. I find it hard to believe we didn't have that information on pacman jones for the 2 states he had lived in.

Another thing we have talked about on other threads is how pacman went bad after he got the money. The role of the celebrity gangsta rapper came out when he had the means. That wasn't part of his background.

This is a guy with other worldly talent. He was deon sanders to us because in 2 years he returned 6 kicks for touchdowns(2 called back) and last year he was a top 10 corner with 4 ints. There were a couple of games last year when he carried this team.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

And now P-thug is not on it, give it up.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

True. I base this from reports from the talking heads who said a number of teams were not going to risk a first-round pick on Jones. It may be total BS as half of the insider stuff is.

Bottom line for me is that Reese made the pick without having all the information he could have. Whether or not it would have changed his mind we'll never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar