Floyd Reese Resigns...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Moose..

Why would be in good shape for a long time? Because reese drafted players like pacman and young? Because we have young players like finnigan, scaife, hall, jones, roos and stewart? Who drafted or signed those guys?

He just got fired..

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

No Jeff Fisher show tonight. You would think they would have recapped the season, etc. Maybe Reese leaving made them cancel it.

3. It was a pretaped show anyway. They could have just ignored the whole Reese thing anyway. I don't think there was much reason to do a show unless they REALLY wanted to recap the Patriots game.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I was going to say "I'm ok with this change", but if all that's true, it changes things a bit. So then, what is he responsable for? Just draft and free agent signings? There's plenty of bad to point at there too though.

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

He was also the guy who drafted such guys as Damien Nash and missed people like Marion Barber who right now looks far more impressing than both White and Brown. He's missed several times and whilst he has picked some good players, he has also taken the gambles with players who aren't "all there" and haven't exactly paid off. Randy Starks comes to mind. He's solid but he was meant to be this awesome player who fell to the third round 'cause of reasons and those reasons prevent him from being unstoppable right now - but I don't think he'll get past that, same with Albert Haynesworth. JAX went with the "safe" option of Henderson and who's laughing now? I'm not saying Reese has had the opportunities (henderson went before haynesworth and barber before nash) but we seem to go for the players who carry a little baggage. The titans as an organisation seem to want to strike the questionable players and want them to be the home run they could be. Pacman is one recent success story but Tyrone Calico, Andre Woolfolk, Albert Haynesworth are all examples of this.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Ouch! That was cooold...

Did you see what happened to TC's knees?

7. Nash was a 5th round pick, he that's par for the course.

As for Barber, most teams missed on him apparently, so it wasn't just Floyd. In fact. they had 2 early 4th round picks that year just 4 picks apart. Fuller was the first pick and Stewart was the 2nd. But 3 of the 4 pick in between were RBs, so I think there was a pretty good chance they expected 1 of the 3 RBs to be there on their next pick...

I think you can probably find a lot of hits and misses for any successful GM. Reese hit a lot when he built the last Super Bowl contender here. Then he missed a bunch for a few years. And the last 2 years he has a lot of hits again...

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

:applause:

Thank you Floyd....

9. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Every GM has his ups and downs. John Shuerholtz (sp?), GM of the Braves, was once fired from Kansas City because a lot of his moves didn't pan out. Now it seems like he can't miss in Atlanta. I know i've been openly critical of Floyd's drafting but after further consideration and some enlightenment from other posters, I finally rethought my position. Yes he's had bad drafts. The 2003 one was especially bad with Woolfolk and Calico. But most of his misses have been in the later rounds when you take players for depth purposes, not because you think they're going to be stars. As everyone "analyst" says around draft time, the draft is far from an exact science. And the fact that Floyd has acquired 11 starters in the past two offseasons alone has to count for something. Count me among the group of people who wish Floyd nothing but the best in anything he does in the future. Thanks for the memories

10. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i'd just like to say that a lot of draft picks are pure pure pure luck....do u think the pats knew brady would be brady or the saints know that colston would be colston this list can go on and on...if htey knew would they have waited till the 6+ round to draft them. btw calico was a great pick if he hadnt had repreated injuries to both his knees he'd be a star right now no question bout it.

as for reese he did find some good talent but its always fun to take risks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar