Floyd Reese Resigns...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I wonder if Fisher is going to become one of those all powerful mega coaches that wears every hat... like Mike Holmgren did for a while... you know, the kind of guy they talk about on NFL Live, you know... the coach with too much on his plate. Jeff is already Executive Vice President. It's not that far fetched of an idea.

Well, I guess we don't have to worry about Calico-type picks. (at least I hope not)... besides, for a time I was disenchanted with the whole idea of drafting for "value"... but then again, what do I know? I couldn't be a GM.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well so was Floyd I believe so you probably shouldn't read much into that.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Calico looked better in college than he did in the NFL.
    I hope Fisher makes better decisions.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The title at this point isn't that significant, but the next move the team makes will say a lot about the power structure...

5. Archtitan

Archtitan Guest

“History says 19 has always been a good pick.”

- Buddy Nix

And from Great Blue North, the 2007 draft projection:

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007projection.html

Everything's falling into place my fellow fanatics...:yes:

6. MattPan25

MattPan25 Guest

all ik is if they hire Charley Casserly for the job i would lose it!!!:cuss:

7. Steve Underwood was on 104.5 with some comments. I thought a few of them were very telling.

Underwood said he was the one who did most of the strategic salary cap planning. Also, it was a teamwide decision to win while the core was intact at end of their run and go through cap hell later in exchange. So clearly, anyone who has blamed Floyd for the Titans cap problems are blaming the wrong person.

Underwood said that whoever the new GM is, he shouldn't be "overburdened" with salary cap. Underwood has done a lot of that in the past, so clearly he is going to continue in that role and apparently have a bigger direct impact. IT sounds more like they are going to add a director of player personnel than an actual general manager.

He also compared Reese's departure to Bud firing Bum Phillips all those years ago despite his success, so clearly it was Bud's decision to let Floyd go. I don't think that's a big shock, but it wasn't simply Floyd deciding that he wanted to leave.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It sounded to me like they want to bring in a GM along with someone else to deal with the cap issues.

I personally think you can look back to when Underwood came to town as the beginning of the writing on the wall for Reese.

Reese is a class act and it's a shame it had to end this way. I think someone will snatch him up quickly.

9. Lone Star

Lone Star Starter

I wish Reese the best. I'm confident we'll get a solid new GM.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think this thing will end up giving Fisher more power over personnel. They maybe bring in a cap guy and a GM to oversee the draft but I'm guessing Fisher's impact will increase when it all shakes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar