Florio's top 10 offseason moves - No 3: Titans let Albert walk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

NOT 100 million dollars worth of outstanding though. :irked:

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I expect to see Albert trying pretty hard this year, and to have some good games. He gets a pretty huge roster bonus next offseason, if I remember correctly. 2010 is when he'll quit playing at his best, 2011 is when everyone will realize that his contract is too big.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

to quote myself

still cant feel good about letting the best D linemen in the league to walk. for 100 mil, i dont want to sign him... but................................. hes the best freakin DLinemen out there, he made our defense better, and was the reason we won a lot of games, and we lost him.

i mean, i just dont buy into the "oh he signed for 100mil, GOOD THING HE WONT BE PLAYING FOR US!!!!!!!!!"

but if it makes u feel better.....

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tough to say whether his analysis is on point being that it is May. Come October or so we will know if Mike Florio is right or not.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

When he wants to play. Anyone else sick of seeing him sitting on the ground during plays trying to catch his breath? The second he hit his bonus money last season he was back on the ground acting like he deserved more then he was getting. I hope the redskins like dealing with that ...

I would rather have a player that gives his all the entire season then a player who struggles to play a college season and keeps looking at his check book. If anything should prove it it should be the fact the the skins signed him. How many times have they tried to tap the FA market and failed? They are the kiss of death when it comes to FA.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That actually happens so often I was beginning to wonder if it was real. Maybe sometimes he's allowing the whole defense to catch it's breath, or throw the offense off rhythm, or allow the d-coord to come up with plays/strategies for that series.

I can't buy into the "we are fine and what a great move we didn't re-sign AH". I do agree $100 mil is too much for anyone including the best player in the game, because it limits your cap abilities. But AH is a game-changer and the players around him are better because he draws so much attention.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

who knows what we could have gotten him to sign for if the redskins didn't have a deal in place two weeks before free agency? for all we know he would have taken the 72 mil we offered him.

8. Blazing Arrow

At the end of the season he is invisible. Great to start the season but a non factor at the end. I prefer consistent play and not looking for money as his only motivator. Plus the guy has A LOT of personal issues. most get buried but eventually they will start to surface. I would trade 1 AH for the players we got to resign any day of the week.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

did you watch the baltimore game? one of the best running teams in the league averaged 1.6 YPC.

10. Blazing Arrow

And AH made every stop right? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar