Fixes - Player Wise

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

1: QB
    This is obvious. In my mind I'm thinkin we need two actually, but heck I'd settle for one no question. Honestly, I'm hoping we land a guy like Ben or Jay (not for insane money with the latter). If we get one, then we don't have to go first with QB.

2: RB
    CJ and Greene should be cut. Greene isn't worth what he's getting, and I'm completely done with CJ, won't even get into that. I think we save huge money by letting them go (give that 10 or 12 M to the QB). Here you look to a RB in the 4th along with a FA guy for 1M or 2M a year, tops. And your set for cheap.

3: ROLB/MLB/DE
    Ayers is awful, he's horrible in run support and can't cover for sh*t either, not really sure what he's doing. Oh with his hand in the dirt, he's worse than Wimbley. Fokou isn't good either. Here you cut KW, save a lot of money and get rid of either Ayers/Fokou. Give the money from KW to the best FA (EARLY) who plays either OLB/MLB/DE who can make a difference (I'm thinking an LB so we can go DE in the 1st round).

4: RT
    This fat dude Stewy needs to be cut. Injured, awful, slow, and seriously overpaid. All he does is give up sacks and hits, and as defenders are getting off our QB, he pushes them around and talks shi*t. Oh, and he holds a lot and can't remember the snap count. Lots of money to be saved here as well. I'd think RT in the 3rd could do really good for us here (we need to get that pick back somehow, if not maybe even with the 2nd we go RT, our line still needs help more than we might want to think).

(Note - I didn't say we go FA here, b/c as you know RTs are indeed expensive now. Above I talked about cutting players and using that money elsewhere, but we all know its not so cut and dry - lots of 'lost' and 'dead' money. So Stewy's cut of ,idn close to 8M, goes to that. Although to court a good QB, I think we'd need another Vet on the line, so if possible a good FA RT in the range of 3M would be ideal.)

--

Bonus: HC
    I just couldn't help myself, man this guy. He had to win over the FO these coming four games or even they said, he's out. Forget the HORRIBLE score line for just a second. NFL.com before the game reported that CJ will be cut. What does Munch do, play him for most of the game - and early on! I actually couldn't believe it, didn't the FO just say they built the team to be power running? I was so happy, Munch essentially sealed his fate as a goner. Greene should have gotten most of the carries in this game, Munch couldn't even get that right.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Greene could possibly be worth that money if he carried the rock EVERY TIME. No CJ at all!

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Too early to cut Ayers for now. Greene is as of right now, overpaid for a backup RB, but he won't be overpaid for the starting RB next year.

Other than that, I agree with all points. Cut CJ and draft the best RB available in the 4th round.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Fokou sucks. Where were all the plays by Ayers and Brown that he is supposedly responsible for just by being on the field?

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

1) RT. Stewart is done. He was lucky to even get his hands on Miller.

I'm "whatever" on RB/QB. I don't think you can have too many good players in defense.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

QB is clearly our #1 need by a wide margin. We get a legit QB and this "no talent havin' team" everyone is always complaining about suddenly becomes "talented". It's all connected. Better QB equals more plays from our offense. Which equals our offense staying on the field longer. Which equals a more rested defense. Which equals more effective play from them.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I say we go after Rashard Jennings or Ben Tate... Ben Tate really intrigues me as a future RB prospect.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like Tate a lot. But I dont want to see money parked on the training tabel next year. Those bruiser type RBs always miss time. Even Shonn Greene may miss time down the road in 2014, we saw him miss 5 weeks already this year. 2 RBs out is only something waiting to happen, we shouldnt pay to get screwed next year.

Maybe a better idea would be to invest a mid round draft pick or 2 in durable RBs. I mean durability is the major reason we are even having this conversation.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I am totally down... and bring Kubiak in as OC to install that same blocking scheme and open those massive holes for any RB to run through. No more paying RBs big money... let them holdout as long as they wish. Just find another guy to fill his role.

I meant to make a thread about Kubiak and other coaches we need here next season, but I forgot.

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Everybody making sense in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar