Five Biggest Defensive Questions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SifuSoul, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SifuSoul

SifuSoul Camp Fodder

An article via Music City Miracle.

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2009/5/1/860586/the-titans-five-biggest-defensive

Pretty much a shot at answering a lot of the questions we have here. Replacing Haynesworth, Linebacker depth, corner depth, Cecil's version of the Defense.

This brings up a question though. We do have a lot of aging players on defense and not many heirs in place. Do we only have a two year window as a contender for the championship? Who do we have after Bullock and KVB? Thorton and Kearse? We've gotta lot of questions on the way about our defense.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

DL is easier to replace IMO opinion because we already go 8 deep in our rotation. With Washburn he can turn just about anyone to a good player. I am worried about LB. I think Keglar could be a good player and I'm a McGrath fan. We'll definately need to draft one early next year though.

3. t-rac_attack

t-rac_attack Camp Fodder

Corner depth has to be the biggest ??? Who will step in for Harper next year?

Followed by next year's LB lineup.

We'll be more than fine on the D line.

4. The Playmaker

Depends on Mouton and alot of teams fill the need of CB through free agency.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Maulauga would have sured up our LB core for the next 10 years
    His addition would have been a big help to the run defense with Haynesworth's departure.

6. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I think Cary Williams needs to go, was hurt all preseason then went into a game for one play and went onto IR for the season. Hopefully Mccourty ends up being a solid pick, he has some decent speed and quickness for his size. I don't think Faggins is very good and he's old too. I don't know the first thing about these Tanard Davis or Christian Morton guys on the depth chart, never knew they existed.

7. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

Don't give up on him yet, I say throw him in the deep end a bit at pre-season and see from there. If we can give Paul Williams a 3rd year to drop passes, I think we can give Cary another shot to try and stay healthy.

8. The Playmaker

We have no idea how Cary Williams will play. The coaching staff likes him and if they like a 7th round CB enough to keep him then I'll take their word for it:yes:. As some know on here I was a big Paul Williams but he needs to go.

9. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Yeah, I guess, we'll see what pans out after camp is over. Maybe some of these guys will be special teams gurus.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The biggest issue, IMO, is how well the Titans can stop the run against some of the better OLs. The value of Haynesworth was the disruption he created occupying two blockers on each snap and still being able to hold the LOS or get a push into the backfield.

If the Titans can't find someone who can do the same, I can see teams being able to get to Tulloch or Bulluck more often and continuously get gashed on the inside.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar