Fitzpatrick well aware of turnover streak

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn’t want to be that guy this Sunday.

The Titans have tied an NFL Super Bowl-era record by going through the first four games of the season without suffering a turnover, and the team can set a record this week by going through one more game without suffering a turnover.

“Starting four games without a turnover,” Fitzpatrick said. “That puts a lot of pressure on a guy.”

Turnovers are a big factor in any game, but they could be an especially significant factor this weekend, as the Titans and Chiefs are tied for first in the NFL with plus-nine ratings.

We’ll help him (Fitzpatrick) with the play-calling maybe,” Munchak said. “But he’s got to be himself. He’s got to be aware of taking care of the football, but you can’t be worrying about making a mistake. He just has to play and do his thing. If he throws a bad ball, then someone has to break it up. That’s what we have to do.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Don't like this talk...

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol "you can't be worried about making a mistake"???

Ummm yea... in this case, he needs to be worried about throwing a pick every time he drops back to pass. If there is ever a time to play conservative it is right here, right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

fitz had I believe 67 turnovers in 45 games with buffalo. Please protect the football with your life fitz! We need this game!

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

we should surprise kc and rin a lot of wildcat with d will

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Ditto. During the Jets game the announcers repeatedly mentioned that we hadn't yet turned over the ball this season. I was like shut the eff up already.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're talking about the wrong guy if you think Fitz will be concerned with turning the ball over, he simply doesn't think about it.

8. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

I think we have some strange sort of advantage with this game. The Chiefs have no idea what's coming. No Titans Fitz tape to study.

I expect the Chiefs will put 8 in the box to force Fitz to throw it. I'm hoping he takes them up on that and we see a 400 yd day from him. I'm hoping Britt finds some life and we start discovering some underutilized players to get us through the next 3. Then when Locker returns, he'll be loaded with options.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar