Fitzpatrick vs New York Jets

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 26, 2016.

?
  1. Ryan Fitzpatrick

47.6%
  2. Geno Smith (2013 2nd round pick)

19.0%
  3. Bryce Petty (2015 4th round pick)

11.9%
  4. Christian Hackenberg (2016 2nd round pick)

21.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Believe it or not but Ive made this thread twice already then just not posted it because of who its about. But at this point why the hell not...

As we know, the Jets are at a standstill with their QB from last year. New York doesn't want to pay top dollar for a QB whos been historically bad every stop along the way. But should they?

Last year was hands down Fitz' best season as a pro netting over 4000-yards, 33 total TD's, and 17 turnovers while going 10-6 and missing the playoffs. Fitz believes he should be paid more than the $8M/yr the Jets are offering, but why then didn't anyone else knock on his door this off season?

The Broncos, Browns, Rams, and Texans all opted to change QB's this off season. Youd think there would be a market for a guy with over 4000 yards under his belt a season ago..

Below are the cap hits in 2016 for the four teams with new QB's.
    Osweiler $12,000,000
    Robert Griffin $5,046,875
    Mark Sanchez $4,500,000
    Jared Goff $450,000

On a game by game basis from last year Fitz and Osweiler produce nearly identical numbers, so why is one worth $12M/yr but not the other...?

• Boring Boring x 1
  2. XO

XO Nevada Native

This isn't goJets.com

Gtfo with this weak AFC East ****.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

They need Fitz worse than ever. Everyone else on that list is so far behind him it's not even funny. He may throw interceptions but the dude can throw TD's as well. Well, I have to be careful though, I still use that 6 TD game against us as a basis for that statement lol.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Before last season, Fitzpatrick was a known commodity. Decent backup and not starter material.

It's unlikely he suddenly beat his average and is now a good QB, and the Jets know that.

Osweiler on the other hand is an unknown commodity, so it's easier to hope he will play at a high level consistently.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

"I made this thread twice and deleted it cuz it sux, but here it is"

Someone has a problem

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. XO

XO Nevada Native

I do what I want.

[​IMG]

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

thats really what it is but its dumb

Id want the proven winner, which in this case is funny since 5 franchises gave up on Fitz

Houston wasnt making a play for Fitz after cutting him just a year before, but Osweiler getting $12M a year?!?!? #DUMB

8. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

I'm voting Geno but I think Hack will take over midway through the season. They seem to really like him and you know Geno is gonna **** it up.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Sometimes a QB just needs the right situation to accel.

It's painfully obvious that Fitz needs the Jets. That's why no other team looked his way. It's also why the Jets aren't upper their offer. They know as of now that there is no market for him.

However, after last year, Fitz knows that there really aren't any better options for the Jets either at this point. No way Geno, Petty, or Hackenberg put up those numbers.

One side will cave, or a compromise will be made prior to the season. Fitz will be the Jets starter week 1.

No way the Jets just move on so quickly to an unknown commodity after their only legit shot at the playoffs in years.

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

This is such an easy answer....FITZPATRICK! Dude had legit his best season ever, and formed chemistry with this receivers. Geno sucks, Petty is raw, and Hackenberg was taken too early and is a project. They better sign Fitz, or they are in deep ****.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar