Fitzgerald and Polamalu both on cover of Madden

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by psychotictitan, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How is it superior, oh mighty objective one?

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'll let others speak for me. I don't feel like writing a 5 page essay on the topic.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/164668/ps3-vs-xbox-360-ports-the-cold-hard-truth-updated/

3 things the Xbox 360 beats the PS3 in (these are all the most important aspects of a next gen gaming console):
    1) Online play
    2) Graphics
    3) Loading time

I know this isn't the best game to use, but Guitar Hero for the PlayStation absolutely sucks. It takes at least twice as long to load as the 360's version, lags horrendously, and fails to properly calibrate its lag for HDTVs. To each their own, I suppose. But, honestly, out of each and every person I know who owns both systems, they admit that the 360 is the far superior system.

Saying the PS3 is better than the 360 is just like saying that "the iPhone is superior to all other phones"... In technological abilities? Yes. In enjoyment? No. The iPhone is really cool for about the first five minutes of fooling with it. Then all of the sudden you're probably wondering "why did I spend hundreds of dollars on a phone?" The same can be said for the PS3. The extra features make people forget what the actual device is used for.

The Xbox 360 doesn't have a blu-ray player. It doesn't have a web browser. It doesn't have free online play. However, that does not make it any worse.

Blu-ray player: That is not a video game system. Plain and simple!
    Web browser: That is not a part of gaming! Plain and simple!
    Free online play: Great, you don't have to pay for your gaming!... Well, if I'm going to fork over $600 (plus the insane sales tax in TN) on a gaming system, I'm pretty sure I want it to have superior online play. PS3 does not have superior online play. I can't play PS3 online because the experience is horrible. The smoothness is inexistent, and the lag is tremendous.

Have you at least given the 360 a fair shot?... because I think you may have assumed that the blu-ray player, web browser, and free online play made the PS3 superior when that is clearly not the case.

:)

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That was the main issue I had with ps3 was the ridiculous load times. I thought Assassins Creed was messed up because on first play it had to load for forever. Then I tried Ratchet and Clank and it did the same thing. Not sure why it takes so long to load initially when you play a game for the first time.

But the differences are pretty minor.
    PS3 has some extras though. Not sure if they justify the cost, but they're kind of convenient.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Online play is the same. You won't find a compelling, non-fanboy reason, against it.

Graphics, if one is better then the other, is barely noticeable.

Your second article says the PS3 has the advantage by the way. Regardless those 'what is better' articles are a dime a dozen. Doesn't prove anything.

What is better is opinion, you can't factualise it.

Do you know the 360 was getting outsold by the PS2 in Japan only a month ago? It doesn't make one better then the other.

FYI Graphics are nothing if the gameplay sucks.

And everyone I know admits the PS3 is better. It's called preference.

By the way Guitar Hero is not a good example. Early multi-plats on PS3 were horrible.

Again, it is opinion. You can't factualise it.

If there is lag its your connection. I never get lagging.

I have a 360. I've praised Mass Effect to no end (I even learned Quantum Physics during the elevators rides, so much for your load time theory). I've enjoyed Eternal Sonata so far and Gears was fun.

How is it clearly not? Aside from not being able to prove one is better, you haven't even tried except to say '360 is better'.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

To each their own... When I say "clearly is fact" or something of that nature, I'm probably just overexaggerating. I didn't mean to be completely serious. I really do feel that the 360 has better graphics, better loading time, and better online play. Other than that, I really couldn't debate much.

I know plenty of PS3 owners, and I know plenty of 360 owners. Each person has their reason for liking either one. I understand it's a preference thing. Like I said, I didn't mean to sound like I was saying that it is "fact that the PS3 sucks" etc.

P.S. it's fact that nerds get more poon.

7. titansballa

titansballa Camp Fodder

Madden 2010 cover...

[​IMG]

hahaha

but seriously...

[​IMG]

pretty sweet, although it does look kind of like larry fitzgerald just got shot in the head while juking, if you look closely.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

good, maybe both of them will get hurt or suck.

9. Knux757

Knux757 Virginia Beach Elite

yeah, watch Troy is gonna get injured on opening day

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

There is a thread about this is the video game section of the forum.

The t-rac cover is great though. 7 Time Pro-bowler, he deserves to be on the cover!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar