Fisher's Monday Press Conference

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER

(on if Chris Johnson stepped out of bounds)

I don’t know if we’ll ever know the answer to that. The shot that I believe the referee got shows the heel over the white, but it doesn’t show it on the white. The assumption is that he’s out of bounds. The coaching tape is similar to that of the truck. What was interesting was the jumbotron shot that really initiated the challenge for them, I thought really shows the heel up in the air not on the sideline. It’s kind of one of those deals. If you’re not looking at it to see if the heel’s up or down or not and you look at the shot the referee got under the hood, oh he clearly steps out of bounds. With the heel up in my opinion, he didn’t. So, we’ll move on...

Read More

2. Titans News

Titans News Guest

Coach Fisher's Monday Press Conference

HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER (on if Chris Johnson stepped out of bounds)
    "I don't know if we'll ever know the answer to that. The shot that I believe the referee got shows the heel over the white, but it do...

More...

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Not one... damn... question about Rod Hood. How can the media ignore this? Will Hood remain the starter, or will it be "Surprise! Harper is healthy and starting"?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's Fisher, they know the answer already.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

(on Chris Johnson’s offensive consistency)

That play in particular just showed if you’re playing uncommon opponents, it’s hard to adjust to his speed especially on the edge, what he does to angles. You start taking flatter angles, you’re dealing with cutback. Our guys up front are doing a nice job. Everybody’s contributing: the fullback, the tight ends, the receivers. They’re doing a nice job.

I'm pretty certain that did not have anything to do with the question asked.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I agree with Fisher, i dont think they had enough proof his heel was on the line, the call on the field was a TD and should have stayed.

but either way CJ got the TD. Though He could have had a 1,000 rushing yards if it had been a TD.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's almost impossible to have better proof than what they had. I still haven't seen any shot that shows his heel not coming down. The shot from above is clear enough to rule him out of bounds. The refs made the right call, and we got the TD anyway. We should all be satisfied.

8. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

Uh Oh

(on balls starting to bounce the teams way)

Well, let me clarify myself. The ball that bounced into Rod’s (Hood) hands was a result of a great close and route recognition number one, and an athletic play by Michael Griffin. Mike’s on the sideline and he breaks up the pass and we get the deflection. We’re making these happen. They didn’t happen before. Those balls hit the ground and now we’re catching them. We just have to continue. The team’s healed up, we’re healthy. It’s good to get the DB’s back. We’re hopeful that Nick (Harper) will come back here in the next week or so. We’re running the football and we’re protecting it. When you can do that you can win games.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

No no no. This is not what we want. Nick Harper can stay on the sidelines.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

SOaB. Reinfeldt is probably working on Harper's new six year contract as well. Hood is still young. Hood could have a future here, but no, we can't wait to get over-the-hill Harper back. :facepalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar