"Fisher's Future" News Update Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I bet I'm better than most with Fisher staying. I'm all good with a coaching change too, don't get me wrong, but really, I don't give a damn. If Fisher does stay I will be unhappy if VY is still here. I don't want more of the same. At the same time I'm cool with a new coach and a fresh start for VY.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I think we'll draft Ryan Mallett and bring back Kerry Collins to mentor him. Their styles are very similar.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm getting the same feeling... and it don't feel good.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Hats off to jeff fisher he is a PR machine. He has done a terrible job the last two years! Two 6 game losing streaks, terrible defense, team totally quits you at times, wastes the owners money on a hall of fame wr and will not use him, wearing a peyton manning jersey and say you want to be a winner in the middle of a losing streak, play favorites with players, cut Blount and keep donnie nickey for a decade, run CJ into the ground thinking he is eddie george, dont make any halftime adjustments, start 5-2 end 6-10, and blame it all on vince young and keep your job wow!

I am all for young being cut! But fisher has a lot of responsibility too! Its time to get rid of both of them and start over. I will say this again, if it were not for homerun throwback in 99, fisher would have been out of the nfl as a head coach long ago!

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hopefully Mallett in the 2nd :) lol

What you guys think about Gabbert?

6. MAAANDUDE#31

MAAANDUDE#31 Rookie

Kind of feel the same way, just ready for same change at this point. If fishface stays I want VY gone, but if we get new coach even though I do not want VY here talent or not it should be new HC's decision.

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree with everything you said...Both should be cut, and we should start fresh. New QB, New coach, new direction.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let's focus on Fisher in this thread. You can start one in the NFL Draft Thread on possible draft pick options.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Sir, Yes SIR!

[​IMG]

10. steelharley

steelharley Black & Gold Rules!

Titans owner Bud Adams said he’s going to continue his evaluation process before making a decision on the fate of Coach Jeff Fisher.

Adams met with Senior Executive Vice President Steve Underwood and General Manager Mike Reinfeldt in Houston on Monday.

The Titans issued a statement from Adams just before Fisher’s regularly scheduled press conference:

“There are several things that need to be considered in this evaluation process, including Jeff’s history with our team, the labor situation and other challenges. I have been at this for a long time, and these decisions take time and thoughtful consideration. I will make the decisions that I feel are in the best interest of the team. I do understand the time element involved and would expect to make these decisions in the near future.

“In the meantime, I will continue to be in contact with Jeff and the senior staff for any additional information that I may need.’’

Fisher said he could meet with Adams at some point this week but that nothing has been scheduled. Fisher met with his players during a season-ending team meeting on Monday.

“I am in a situation here probably for the first time in my career where there is curiosity regarding my tenure here, and I know everyone has a lot of questions,’’ Fisher said. “But it is a process and we are going to continue to discuss it and we have some difficult decisions to make.

“I think the perception here is decisions are going to get made first thing Monday morning, and that has been the case around the league. But it is not going to be the case here. I am not troubled whatsoever because we have great communication lines right now.’’

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar