Fisher's fault?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans256, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I really wanted to call Fisher on his show yesterday and ask how much input he had in this draft class.

I also want to ask him if this draft class doesn't work out, and if the Titans don't make a superbowl in the next 2 years, if he will step aside and allow another coach an opportunity with this team.

I'm done with Fisher. He's had lots of chances. I appreciate the good things he did for this organization especially having the team ready once they got in their true nashville home. But he's made lots of blunders, and I'm really tired of his style of football.

For once, I'd like a Titans team that could do something besides:
    1) Win barely.
    2) Lose barely.
    3) Get their *** kicked.

Just for once, I'd like to have a team that would be willing to stomp an opponent.
    (not just the opposing players face)

Now if the Titans can win a superbowl, we can keep fisher for as long as he wants to coach here, or at least another decade. But he was to WIN one before I give him that kind of a pass.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

a few bits of info you may not have heard 256

-Chris Johnson would have been LOOOOONG gone by the 54th pick
    -William Hayes, even though I question the timing myself and more importantly trading up, was on several teams lists to go in the 4th round
    -the TE Stevens would have gone to Baltimore with the very next pick after us
    -Lavelle Hawkins was an absolute steal where we got him, some say he'll be the more "pro" caliber WR of the Cal class
    -Cary Williams is one of the sleepers of the drafts

sure we could have had a sexier draft, but in the grand scheme of things, the boys took basically who they wanted when they wanted to

if a few of them get cut (like last year) then you can have at them, but it's too early to tell

3. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

We will see how it plays out, but if last year is any indication, I am not holding my breath. I think CJ will be an asset, and he might not have been there at 54, but we could have traded down and added picks. I am most disappointed that we still do not have a WR-If Fisher wanted one we would have one. And there are several that would be upgrades over our current group: Thomas Sweed, Kelly, Hardy, etc. And we did nothing.

We will see about your assessment of this year's WRs, but I am willing to bet that several rookies we passed on will produce more than our #2 or #3 receivers.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

The logic is based on the fact that we had 7 WRs going into the draft and none of them are legit #1 WRs, at least not yet. Why draft a WR early that we feel is not going to be a legitimate #1 WR on this team? Oh, duh, to make fans on the message boards happy. What was I thinking?

It doesn't matter where a WR is drafted, it has to do with his work ethic and mentality. You can get a beast in the later rounds just as easily, if not easier, than you can early (TO, Marshall, Housh, Rice, Colston). Obviously, we felt that none of the WRs in the 1st and 2nd rounds were going to fit the bill. Maybe a couple of them will, maybe they won't. For what it's worth, we had a 2nd round grade on Hawkins and got him in the 4th. He could be a complete steal or he could be a complete bust, it's a crap shoot at this point.

Bottom line is, if you don't think a guy is worth the pick, then don't take him. We didn't feel that any of the receivers were worth the pick, so we didn't take them. There were plenty of teams that need WR help and didn't take a single one in the first round. Are they wrong for doing so or have they actually invested time and expertise into evaluating these guys and came to the conclusion that this class really wasn't that good?

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:bonk2:

Blame Fisher? Our draft was fine. It matters not who we got or where. No matter what half the membership here would be unhappy. We could draft Jesus Christ at wr with our #1 pick and I guarantee I would be reading complaints... People would say he has bad hands because of a crucifixion his senior year or some garbage like that...:rolleyes:

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

:ha:

I don't know man. The chronic hemorrhaging of stigmata could be a problem at the next level.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

And besides that, meditations would bring delay of game penalties.

I say we should draft Moses for OL to open up some holes for the RB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar