Fisher's Arrogance

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

Ok so this could be piled up under the Manning jersey thread, but I feel as though its more of a Fisher's attitude thread than that specific incident.

At first, I didn't really care about the manning jersey thing. The only reason I really looked twice is because I thought it could get fans riled up to the point where they may put more pressure on Bud to get rid of Fisher, which I see as a plus. It's poor timing for it, but its a charity event, I let it go.

After listening to his interview on www.titansonline.com from today, I feel like :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:slapping him in the face. He could have said "I didn't mean for anyone to take it the wrong way, it was at a charity event and I wanted to show respect for Tony Dungy," and that would have been perfectly fine.

Instead... "If anyone was offended by that, I can't help that. I'm not gonna walk around here at 0-6 with my tail between my legs. And that's just not my nature." ...(About the fans taking it the wrong way) "In life, unless you have the whole story, you often times form a different opinion and I can't help that... I jumped out of a helicopter last year!"

Really? Come on man, I'm pretty sure most fans that are pissed off have the whole story, even people on your own team (Lendale is an example) that have the whole story are pissed off you did it. Don't accuse fans of being ignorant when they get mad, especially not when you're the coach of a pathetic team that they support week in and week out. On top of that, he called the whole team losers with the dumb remark he said about "wanting to be a winner." I'm sure that was a joke too right? Or is his defense of that gonna be "well, we're 0-6, we are losers."

Where does this take us to in week 8? He's gonna say KC is the starter and not listen to I'd say at least 75% of his fanbase that want change at QB on top of the owner and be arrogant about that too? "I'm the coach, I make the decisions, people don't have the whole story so you form opinions and I can't help that."

I'm pretty much ranting at this point, but my general problem with Fisher right now is that he really seems to think his job is secure and doesn't care who he steps on even with his team 0-6 just days after the biggest blowout in 36 years. He doesn't think the fans have a right to be upset or something...

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Fisher Said:

I don't know if Fishers ever heard of this thing called "Sports Passion." It's quite possible that he has not, considering his team quit on him and he suffered one of the worst beatdowns in the past 40 years of football. I guess you can't be passionate about your team and support charity at the same time. Fallacy is not logic.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Fisher can officially suck on my Jagon

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Time to use some fisher logic...

"If you aren't offended .... then you're not a real fan."

A die hard colts fans I work with decided to order customized #18 Colts Jerseys from the NFL Shop...

You guessed it.. They say "Jeff Fisher" on the back

Edit:
    He even decided to email me what its gonna look like:
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I swear to God I will get one this year if we get the #1 pick just to commemorate this magical season.

6. titan1207

titan1207 28 years bleeding blue

Maybe NFL Shop can make a parachute out of a Colts jersey so Fisher can jump out of another helicopter again.

[​IMG]

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Generally parachute out of a plane...

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

haha that jerseys great...its unbelievable and the original post is right. You think John Gruden or any other coach in the nfl would be chill on the sidelines as his team absolutely gets murdered in the SNOW! in the SNOW they did that in the SNOW!!:irked:

9. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

lol at the colts jersey, but I guess from whats going on Fisher looks like he doesn't care about the team anymore.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not if you're Bear Grylls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar