Fisher Won't Name QB Starter Yet for Regular Season Opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Polar, I gotta add that smilie. :)

2. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Nope handn't seen those. But I am certainly willing to change my stance with new information. Thanks Bipolar.

3. tntitan89

tntitan89 Guest

I wasn't suggesting at all that Volek will start. I think it's been clear that Collins will be the guy. I was just saying that Collins will start as long as he can go each week. If he ever can't start a game, then Volek will get the start if he hasn't been traded yet. Collins and VY don't have to both go down for Volek to get back in the driver's seat. He's not in a typical #3 position, so it's not fair to say the Titans are paying $1M for a #3 QB. It's a $1M insurance policy to keep from having to start VY before he's ready. Is that too much? Maybe, but it's not just $1M for a #3.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

According to Nashville's Channel 5 sports last night.... VY is the #2 and Volek has been demoted to the number 3 spot due to his work ethic and attitude. I hightly doubt Billy will start over Young in any sutuation from this point on. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't even on the team by tomorrow's game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar