Fisher Won't Name QB Starter Yet for Regular Season Opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe we need to revisit that third QB rule.

As I understand it, if you put in the #3 before the fourth quarter, QBs #1 and #2 cannot return to the game until the fourth quarter.

So if Collins is the #1 and goes down, the Titans could put in Volek (#3) but Young (#2) would not be able to play until the fourth quarter.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

this was discussed on the radio yesterday. The #3 can only come in if the #1 and #2 are injured and cannot return

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Childress! My UK Connection;)
    Right...but they can't return until the 4th gtr. right?

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

No. As long as all 3 QB's are named to the active 45 man gameday roster they can be substituted in & out at will just like any other position.

The real question is can we afford to have 3 QB's active at the expense of another player at a key position. Keeping all 3 active could hurt us on special teams or if someone picks up an injury.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starkiller what a joke...

Your response is quite pathetic. First of all you say that fisher is the "most succesful" coach in franchise history. I could argue that bum phillips was equally as successful but who cares? We are talking about this franchise not greenbay or the bears. So?

One thing we can say without a doubt statistically is that collins has had plenty of pass attempts to show us how much he sucks. It's funny how you say volek's attempts are not enough to evaluate him so i guess we can't say for sure that rothelisberger is better than collins either? How convienent lets throw out any stat comparison when the arguement doesn't suit you right? If collins had the superior stats you wouldn't hesitate to mention them.

Talk about hypocrisy you are able to draw conclusions about volek's play in 2005 when he had 88 pass attempts but we can't evaluate him based on 509 passes.

So what you are saying starkiller is that i dare not ever question the great jeff fisher(4 winning teams in 11 years) and no stats can be used to compare volek and collins. Not even win and loss stats from collins career?

You must have a real sorry opinion of this team to admit that collins sucks but insist that he be our starting QB. Say hello to 5-11 eh? Fisher a hall of fame coach though! Fisher rocks! Fisher for presidente and schwartz for defense secretary!

:sad2:

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I hear a lot that the coaches have given up on Volek. The ONLY indication we have of that is bringing in collins. I maintain an alternate theory- that Collins was brought in for depth so we don't have to start Young if Volek gets hurt. Sure, they'll fight for the job, but I don't think the coaches gave up. If they wanted another starter, he would have been here earlier. The last minute stuff is hype and the titans aren't straightening it out because it makes the jets do more guess work. Why is this an inferior theory?

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

GoTitans, as much as I hate to say it I think Collins gets the start. I also think they will introduce the defense to keep from hearing all the boos when Collins gets announced. Although that may come when he takes the field or 1st interception

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It might depend on how many of the regular starters play special teams.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ewker, I'm afraid that might happen to, but why are so many people committed to it? What's wrong with the alternative theory that I explained? It accounts for everything being said in the media that indicates Collins will start. Anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar