Fisher wins Maxwell Football Club Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So now it's a team that won 10 more games then last season, but before it was they don't lose to teams whose coaches were fired?

Make up your mind, boy. Otherwise this just becomes another Gloat makes no sense thread.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Each of these coaches has done something to deserve being awarded. It comes down to opinions. Apparently these guys like Fish. Others will probably like Smith, or Sparano.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I like Smith. I never thought the turnaround in Atlanta would work so quickly. So many new additions for the team to play as cohesive this season.

I think any of the three mentioned at least deserve to be in the conversation.

I think Titans at Houston game might cost Fisher some points, the FG or alternate playcall argument.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's tough between Miami and Atlanta. Both were horrible teams and both improved so much in really tough divisions.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I judge coaching...FOR THE CURRENT season. Read: current. What Smith and Sprarano did this year was great for their respective teams. No the Titans didn't have the same amount of improvement, but they were the best team this year record wise, and had a great deal of achievements in their own right. I'm simply calling out your earlier statement that basically Fisher doesn't have the right to win an award, let alone simply be seriously discussed.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gunny- not surprising that you cant follow. If three things have a common negative, you judge the positives. Put 2 and 2 together.

Kami- That's cool I guess. I think you have to look at the previous season if a new coach is involved. And Fisher might have had the best record this year, but he also had about as easy of a schedule as it gets in the NFL.
    We played cupcakes all season other than Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

That's fair too, Gloat. I guess my criteria is just different than yours. Judging things like this is all about context, and contextually, I could see Smith and Sprarano having a better achievement, given how abysmal both of their teams performed last year (and how hopeless anything more than .500 had been this time last year).

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

And the Colts twice and the Vikings.

Gloat everyone on here would have a lot more respect for you if you simply said "I don't like Fisher and I'm not happy he won coach of the year." But instead your trying to make up these reasons why he shouldn't have won in order to justify your stance.

BTW how about that Michael Turner today? *Sigh* If only....

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't dislike fisher. I just think he's extremely overrated. Notice he wont ever get coach of the year or do well with less than 5 pro-bowlers. (and we had more worthy)

p.s. the colts and the vikings are cupcakes. Or at least were at the time we played them. I'd still put them as average teams. The Colts only seem decent right now thanks to playing mostly weak teams themselves.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

1. Made the playoffs with less than 5 pro bowlers last year.

2. Colts and Vikings DID make the playoffs but who cares they still suck. We should try to schedule teams when their playing "hot" next year so we avoid playing good teams when their "cold." Great thinking Gloat.

Do you think before you type or do you just have some strange point of views that your going to tell people no matter how the conversation goes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar